strhorz_corplogo_rgb

(2012 –) New Era

44 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 23, 2012 3:49:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Everytime I talk about the Stardock company in business conversations, people think I am saying startup company. They keep exclaiming that I shouldn't put so much faith into it. They seem to think you are a high risk company...  

Like the new logo though.

September 23, 2012 4:13:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Actually , I prefer the 2ooo-2011 glass version. The new 2012 is too flat and too Metro for my taste......just sayin'    -- Ace --

September 23, 2012 4:22:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting AceMatrix,
Actually , I prefer the 2ooo-2011 glass version. The new 2012 is too flat and too Metro for my taste......just sayin'    -- Ace --

+1

September 23, 2012 5:04:44 PM from Little Tiny Frogs Forums Little Tiny Frogs Forums

Yea, me too.  But I'm old.

September 23, 2012 5:19:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting AceMatrix,

Although not as shiny, the new one is more universal and recognizable across a much wider variety of platforms and sizes, yet also more distinct.  The vertical mockup with "Entertainment" kerned to the width of Stardock in the bottom right corner of the site is nice too.  Strong branding Mr. Frog.

September 23, 2012 5:40:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

how about glassing(finish) the current logo? the matt finish is so DULL

I think it would look a bit better.

harpo

September 23, 2012 5:44:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting harpo99999,
how about glassing(finish) the current logo? the matt finish is so DULL

I think it would look a bit better.

harpo

I was thinking about that as well.               --Ace --

September 23, 2012 5:51:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Why does everything have to be metro these days?

The old one was better IMO

September 23, 2012 6:11:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yup Liked the last one, new one looks too Microshaft inspired.

Tho this could be a new SD slogan.. * Stardock.. Awesome desktops..Boring logo.*

September 23, 2012 6:17:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Blah!

September 23, 2012 6:18:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ok....so..don't get mad at me Neil...I'm just posting this in this thread to show my vision for the "NEW" Stardock. Just playin' around...

-- Ace --

September 23, 2012 6:19:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting AceMatrix,

Quoting Frogboy,
Yea, me too.  But I'm old.

Me too, and I'm even older!

September 23, 2012 7:27:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting 2of3,
Why does everything have to be metro these days?

I'm assuming so it can fit on a phone, because that's how the younger generation like things--small enough to fit in their pocket, text, surf, talk, work, play, portable, go-go-go. 

Yeah...I'm old, and as the new stuff keeps looking plain and boring, I guess I'm kind of glad I won't be around forever to have to tolerate that crap.

September 23, 2012 7:29:35 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting AceMatrix,
Actually , I prefer the 2ooo-2011 glass version. The new 2012 is too flat and too Metro for my taste......just sayin' -- Ace --

Yeah, I'll drink to that.  Sadly, since MS went with the flat, lacklustre everything, many other companies have followed suit and have pretty much ruined logos, icons, GUIs... much of what we see on our screens.  Thank goodness for customization and the great artists here who continue to provide something more aesthetically pleasing.

September 23, 2012 10:00:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I've used the 'blippo' font on my letterhead/business card for about 15 years or so....it's almost the same as SD's font - [maybe cos it was trendy at the time]....so the new version doesn't faze me....

September 24, 2012 9:46:20 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Glass is sooooo 2006. 

September 24, 2012 10:00:51 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Island Dog,
Glass is sooooo 2006. 

exactly. i do not even want to think about how that glossy logo (with even a shadow) looked on print. yuck.

you still should ask for some money back for the new logo. kerning is pretty bad.

September 24, 2012 10:12:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting moshi,
you still should ask for some money back for the new logo. kerning is pretty bad.

Not sure that the kerning was all that good in any of them...

September 24, 2012 5:46:15 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Island Dog,
Glass is sooooo 2006.

Yes, and the flat look is soooo...... Egyptian [from 5000 BC Egypt, that is].

Hmmm, a large company decides on a certain look and suddenly it's fashionable... what everybody wants, needs and mimicks.

It's sad, really, that oh so many individuals really aren't individuals after all.

Nope, I'll make up my own mind on what I like, don't like... and dead pan flat is decidedly boring.

September 24, 2012 6:26:55 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,
Hmmm, a large company decides on a certain look and suddenly it's fashionable... what everybody wants, needs and mimicks.

Stardock might follow Microsoft .

but in general this is nonsense. do you really think Microsoft is setting design trends? Swiss Style is all over the internet since long before MS had that Metro Interface. and at least for websites this is something i appreciate a lot. please don't tell me you prefer the Geocities look over the BBC website.

September 24, 2012 7:09:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

continuing the opinions of the logos, the first two have a visible hint of creativity, whereas the 2012 logo says that I(the user of the logo) have NO creativity and am VERY BORING, avoid at all costs.

to remove the boring, the logo NEEDS a second colour just to rest the viewer's mind and eyes and to hint that there is still some creativity present.

harpo

September 25, 2012 4:04:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting moshi,
but in general this is nonsense. do you really think Microsoft is setting design trends?

Are you trying to put words into my mouth?  Large company = Microsoft?  Yes, Microsoft is a large company, but I did not name it as being the instigator of this trend, did I?

My point was that somebody high up the food chain usually/nearly always decides what the rest of we peons want to wear, hear, see, smell, taste.... and like sheep, the majority of the human race has or covets it.

Quoting moshi,
please don't tell me you prefer the Geocities look over the BBC website.

Why not?  Aren't I entitled to a preference?  Oh, don't tell me, "so long as it's the same as mine."

Ya know, back in the 70's, when every man and his dog was wearing poofy flares and floral shirts, cos that was the IN thing, I was still dressing like a hooligan biker with unkempt hair, etc, etc.... and probably still would if I could throw ma leg over a hog still.  Again, that was me being me and telling the f**king fashion designers where to stick their poofy designs.

Yep, I'm an obstinate old bastard and fashion designers, hair stylists and advertisers all hate me cos I won't swallow their guff about what I should buy, wear, etc, etc.

September 25, 2012 4:29:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Never mind guys, you can still have that glassy logo on your desktop by using this xion skin I made back in 2007.........

September 25, 2012 4:29:47 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,
Are you trying to put words into my mouth?  Large company = Microsoft?  Yes, Microsoft is a large company, but I did not name it as being the instigator of this trend, did I?

you did.

Quoting starkers,
Yeah, I'll drink to that.  Sadly, since MS went with the flat, lacklustre everything, many other companies have followed suit and have pretty much ruined logos, icons, GUIs... much of what we see on our screens. 

i apologize if you were referring to Morgan Stanley here

September 25, 2012 4:46:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Also, back in 2002, I made some logo designs for Stardock. Needless to say they weren't accepted.... lol.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000937   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+