Stardock
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Cleanest way to upgrade from WB 7.2-->WB4

By on September 21, 2012 11:18:07 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

MKANET

Join Date 07/2007
+9

Im curious, when upgrading from WB 7.2 to WB 7.4, would it be better to uninstall WB 7.2 first, then install WB 7.4 if I want all traces of the old version to be gone?  Does WB leave any orphaned files/registry settings behind after an uninstall?  I know some Windows applications leave a mess behind in the registry after an uninstall. 

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 21, 2012 12:04:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You should be fine with installing overtop.  With a minor version update, there's not much, if anything, that changes in the registry, it's typically program side.

September 28, 2012 3:52:14 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting ,

Im curious, when upgrading from WB 7.2 to WB 7.4, would it be better to uninstall WB 7.2 first, then install WB 7.4 if I want all traces of the old version to be gone?  Does WB leave any orphaned files/registry settings behind after an uninstall?  I know some Windows applications leave a mess behind in the registry after an uninstall. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+