Stardock

Battery icon not updating

By on September 7, 2012 10:20:16 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

mybadhairday

Join Date 04/2012

Hello,

I am running a windows 7 home edition 64 bit system laptop and have Object Dock Plus v2 installed. The problem that I am having is that the battery power icon does not update as the battery is charged. If I have the computer unplugged and the battery drops to say 70%, once I plug the power cord back in the icon will remain at 70% (but change to "charging") until I reboot my computer. 

Is this a common problem and is there any fix for this?

Thank you

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 11, 2012 10:51:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

No response from anyone? Is this a dead forum?

September 11, 2012 11:10:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hey, I can certainly appreciate your concern about not receiving a response. I'm certainly not qualified because, I'm not too hip on the ins and outs of ObjectDock. However, I do think you may increase your chance of getting a response to this issue by, bumping it once in a while and also; would you be able to provide the details about which battery 'meter' icon it may be? I just ran a quick query prior to logging in to make my suggestion and there were several. Hope your question/issue gets resolved in a timely manner...

September 12, 2012 12:10:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

How about a link to the battery meter you are using? Odds are,it is an old one and is not 64bit compatible.

September 12, 2012 11:22:16 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks for the replies. I assumed that the battery meter was part of the stardock because I didnt add it, it was there by default. I will have a look around with the info that you both have shared.

Greatly appreciated.

September 12, 2012 11:35:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Try looking through the docklets. http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/objectdock/pagesize/60/categories/16

The very first thing on the page just happens to be  a battery meter. You might give it a try. 

September 12, 2012 11:44:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If you are using the default battery meter in the Windows's sytray I do not believe that the animation is supported in OD.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000391   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+