Stardock

Fences 2 Beta1 crashes Explorer on Win7 64 bit, just like Fences Pro

I want my money back.

By on September 6, 2012 8:12:54 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

kpankow

Join Date 09/2009

I just installed Fences 2 Beta1 on my Win7 64 bit machine. It crashes Explorer just like Fences Pro. Please refund my $10.59.

12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 6, 2012 8:34:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You didn't buy Fences 2 beta. Why on earth would SD refund you?

September 6, 2012 8:48:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Can you link to your previous posts concerning the crashes? That would help troubleshoot the issue further.

September 6, 2012 9:21:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting ,

I just installed Fences 2 Beta1 on my Win7 64 bit machine. It crashes Explorer just like Fences Pro. Please refund my $10.59.

You can find our refund policy located at https://store.stardock.com/policy.aspx

We offer full refunds for Stardock products after technical support is utilized and is not able to resolve any technical issues you have.

Contact support@stardock.com and we'll start the process of trying to fix this or providing a refund.

September 12, 2012 2:16:55 PM from Little Tiny Frogs Forums Little Tiny Frogs Forums
It's crashing on Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit on startup as well. Once Explorer restarts, it's fine...from a practical standpoint it just increases the time it takes to boot and login and get to work.
September 12, 2012 2:54:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Ynglaur,
It's crashing on Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit on startup as well. Once Explorer restarts, it's fine...from a practical standpoint it just increases the time it takes to boot and login and get to work.
Email support so we can take a look at some logs.

September 12, 2012 3:13:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Sadly, I also had to uninstall Fences. Since I skin for IconPackages everyday, I have to use the "Rebuild Icon Cache" quite often. After I installed Fences, everytime I would use this function , explorer would crash. After awhile it just got too aggravating, so I uninstalled Fences and haven't had a crash since.   -- Ace --

( Win7 Ultimate  --  64 bit )

September 12, 2012 3:21:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting AceMatrix,
Sadly, I also had to uninstall Fences. Since I skin for IconPackages everyday, I have to use the "Rebuild Icon Cache" quite often. After I installed Fences, everytime I would use this function , explorer would crash. After awhile it just got too aggravating, so I uninstalled Fences and haven't had a crash since.   -- Ace --

( Win7 Ultimate  --  64 bit )
-sigh-
Posting to the forums (now) and not sending an email to support is less than helpful.  

{Having said that, no one else is reporting this.  Fences 1 or 2?}

September 12, 2012 5:20:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yes Zubaz, I know... , It's just that most problems are not that big of a deal to me...I mean...not compared to what I went thru in the 70's over in Asia. I have a tendancy to just go with the flow ...it is a beta after all. I have confidence in you guys, I know you'll get it right. You always do. ( by the way , it was the Beta I was using.)   -- Ace --

September 13, 2012 7:42:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting AceMatrix,
I have a tendancy to just go with the flow ...it is a beta after all. I have confidence in you guys, I know you'll get it right. You always do.
Thanks for the vote of confidence.  THe thing is though . .and I used to do this myself, I KNEW Stardock would fix bug X in software Y because they cared about the software and the customers AND SOMEONE ELSE PROBABLY REPORTED IT ALREADY.

After joining the team I found only the first two parts were true.  It's amazing how so many people can know about some odd combination of settigns that we never thought anyone would use . . . and no one told us because it was really a tiny thing.  Crazy.

If you ever feel like helping out and have some free time, I'd appreciate if you could contact support so we can get you a tool to run with IP and Fences installed again.  Thanks!

September 13, 2012 10:54:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I did  just that Zubaz, as you will see in my PM.    -- Ace --

September 24, 2012 4:38:46 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have that very same (d)ef(f)ect (

Win7 Prof. 64 bit... when starting up the system, Windows Explorer dies two times and is restarted, after this everything works fine....

Any ideas on how to fix this? Any information I can provide?

September 24, 2012 5:19:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting georgarmbruster,
Any ideas on how to fix this? Any information I can provide?

Quoting Zubaz,
Posting to the forums (now) and not sending an email to support is less than helpful.

support@stardock.com

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+