Stardock

Fallen Enchantress 0.952 Changelog

By on August 29, 2012 1:55:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Derek Paxton

Join Date 03/2003
+123

Features

Resoln (or custom factions with the Binding faction trait) summon higher level versions of Crow Demons, Grave Elementals, Burning Wraiths, Cyndrum Demons and Mirror Elementals with higher tier of the shard altars/shrines and temples

Added the Irrigated Farm (farm upgrade) that becomes possible with Agriculture and provides +2 grain

Fixes

Fixed an issue that can cause slowdowns in tactical battles

Fixed a bug with the Heart of Morian trophy

Fixed the mana line graph bug on the history reports

Fixed the Blacksmith and Forge to provide their bonuses to trained units instead of defending units

Fixed a few issues with gamesave timestamp display. Sunday gamesaves were saying "string not found" and midnight gamesaves were saying 0 for hour instead of 12.

Fixed a couple typos with AI demanding or offering tribute

Fixed spell def info cards in tactical so that they display the casters mana cost correctly

Fixed issue with spell def formatted descriptions where it was using spell damage multipliers even for spells like Heal, reporting that they'd heal more than they actually do

Fixed tactical issue with weapons that apply a spell when they strike. Spells with modifiers that used a calculation involving the target unit were not working correctly, such as Sculla's Mace applying Shrink

Fixed an issue causing the save/load window to open slowly if you had a lot of saves

Fixed a pause when an Imp casts Drain Life

Fixed an issue where you could get to equip, trade and shop screens in tactical battles

Removed pioneers from the design window (they caused all sorts of errors when you tried to modify them)

Fixed the Eyes of the Eagle spell

Fixed treaty crash bug

Fixed the Watchtower

Fixed Warhorses so they are available with the Legasy of Serrane faction trait

The camera now takes the shortest distance to snapback to the default view 

Balance

Increased the mana from killing unit with the Hallowed Rite trait

Monks Robe switched from +2 init to +5 dodge

Hallowed Rite doesn't have a tech req anymore (was keeping Gravewardens from being traininable until you had the Training tech)

Farms only provide +1 grain

War Temples give xp every turn instead of the enmity trait now, as their desc said

Arcane Veil is a tactical spell now

Reduced the damage on Contagion and Dirge of Ceresa

Inspiration provides +1 research per essence instead of 2

Reduced the research cost of the Henchman tech

Reduced the mana cost of the Destiny's Gift spell

AI

AI Improvements (I'm not sure what this means, but I heard evil chuckling coming out of Brad's office)

AI strategy improvements

Cosmetic

Normalized the volume on sound effects

Fixed the provides tag on the Inefficient trait

Fixed the texture on Crow Demons

Fixed the description on Pastures

Lighting effects plays each time an Air Elemental or Crow demon attacks

Updated the desc on the Paragon spell

33 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 29, 2012 2:03:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow, so soon?

Quoting seanw3,
AI Improvements (I'm not sure what this means, but I heard evil chuckling coming out of Brad's office)

August 29, 2012 2:10:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That's because they're awesome.

August 29, 2012 2:23:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting parrottmath,

That's because they're awesome.
Indeed they are!!!

August 29, 2012 2:27:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Fixed the Blacksmith and Forge to provide their bonuses to trained units instead of defending units

I would lean towards the bonuses afforded by these buildings (& others) being givin to militia, this and/or some kind of tech or building that allows the 'militia' of a fortress to be toughened up somehow (I wouldn't mind an option to upgrade militia units in a city but would cost so much metal and cash up front plus an upkeep of so much gildar for each militia in tha city)

just seems kinda funny that my lvl 3-4 fortress has a whole bunch of zero defense defenders, if we only had the militia take the bonuses from these buildings (especially in a fortress) it would help some

August 29, 2012 2:31:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If they want to add defense to militia, why not let them use the latest armor techs? I did that once with some good results. I think the intention is probably to keep militia weak. 

August 29, 2012 2:32:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

ceresa right now has really powerful magic, shadow is quite decent and water is buffed, if these buffs to demons are good it can become a decent sovereign again

also really needed nerf to inspiration, proci with 2 per essence was nearly unstoppable early

August 29, 2012 2:51:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting seanw3,
If they want to add defense to militia, why not let them use the latest armor techs? I did that once with some good results. I think the intention is probably to keep militia weak.

ya, I too thought of this but with the sheer number of militia units givin for defense, a full set of armor seems it would be overpowered even with a huge upkeep/cost - the small bonuses offered by these buildings would allow for small upgrades to the militia that I don't think would be over the top and at the same time allow them to have some kind of somethin

was thinkin if we did allow militia to have a full set of armour then perhaps they could be one tech beneath that which the faction has= we can build chain so the militia are upgraded to leather/ we can build plate so the militia would have chain & so on (but even this could be overpowered since my high level fortress can have more units defending than an offensive army can carry early game

August 29, 2012 2:52:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Fallen Enchantress v0.952 Changelog  ??  ...  already  ??

Jeez, I can't keep up ...  

But the single biggest category is Bug-Fixes ... and that is clearly a positive development !           

August 29, 2012 2:52:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I just love changelogs, I just do... 

You just forgot this (if I may add)

-Brought Umber back to the main races where they belong!

August 29, 2012 3:24:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Grizzyloins,

was thinkin if we did allow militia to have a full set of armour then perhaps they could be one tech beneath that which the faction has= we can build chain so the militia are upgraded to leather/ we can build plate so the militia would have chain & so on (but even this could be overpowered since my high level fortress can have more units defending than an offensive army can carry early game

this is so complicated

why not just create 3 sets of militia (or N for that matter) and then as usual with certain improvement the city will have access to tier x of militia

as usual fortress will get all upgrades and imo lvl 4 5 should give at least lvl 2 to ther cities

this is way easy to balance cause you can start with very small bonuses and later on its just a matter or small balance changes to each tier of militia

(last tier should be still quite weak but at least with some armor pen or decent attack value)

August 29, 2012 3:31:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

woot! woot! New patch already! You rock Stardock!

August 29, 2012 3:35:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Please take a look at this topic Mr. Paxton. It details an annoying issue with camera movement in-game. http://forums.elementalgame.com/430192

August 29, 2012 4:24:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

"Fixed issue with spell def formatted descriptions where it was using spell damage multipliers even for spells like Heal, reporting that they'd heal more than they actually do"

Spell damage multipliers applying to other spells, like heal, would actually work wonderfully and open up interesting ways to build a champion.

August 30, 2012 4:45:03 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Many excellent fixes for issues that've been bugging me (pun intended) as well as the oft-suggested improvement to Resoln shard demons.

August 30, 2012 4:55:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Jeej for higher level binding summons! Keep hammering those bugs guys.

August 30, 2012 11:44:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Awesome to see a new patch coming, and the changes look great.

Could really use some attention to the snaking problem with being unable to build forest and river improvements once you reach the terrain:

http://forums.elementalgame.com/430244

August 30, 2012 2:13:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yay, thanks for looking at contagion

August 30, 2012 6:34:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This is out?

August 30, 2012 7:47:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DsRaider,
This is out?

Hah! No that would be *checks the download section*

... Umm... wow. That was fast.

August 30, 2012 9:28:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You guys are too much. I demand that all the devs take a nice long vacation this Labor Day weekend. 

August 30, 2012 10:51:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I demand a new beta build twice a day... once a day is the bare minimum I'll accept!

August 31, 2012 1:19:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thank you!!

This game is getting so good! You guys are doing an incredible job!

August 31, 2012 2:59:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ddd888,
(last tier should be still quite weak but at least with some armor pen or decent attack value)

I would like to be able to make the 'high tier' quite decent if enough resources are spent - your idea about different tiers fits the game much better thanks

August 31, 2012 6:58:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Have you any idea how horrible this game looks without anti aliasing?

August 31, 2012 9:00:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Good Morning. As good a spot as any to put this:

Anyone else notice an increase of crashes in 0.952 compared to 0.951?

I'm getting them a lot more now when I ctrl-N, or when I try load a save, or when I'm entering into combat. Never had that...well, I did...but not this often, in 0.951.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0003656   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+