Stardock

Guild Wars 2

By on August 23, 2012 8:33:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Krazikarl

Join Date 03/2006
+10

I assume that a lot of us will be playing Guild Wars 2, so I figured that I'd start a thread on it.

Prerelease is this Saturday.  I personally am gone for the weekend, but plan on playing quite a bit on Monday (assuming they don't kill the servers prepping for release on Tuesday).

I guess that Vlad is playing on Tarnished Coast, so I'll probably go there as well.  My understanding is that server transfers are very pain free though, so it might not be a big deal.

I'll also probably start with a Mesmer, if anybody cares.

My understanding from people who played in the beta is that its a really solid game, so I might be playing it a lot.  I've been waiting for a non derivative, well executed MMORPG for a long time.

163 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 17, 2012 12:38:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

thanks

September 17, 2012 9:01:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Got my thief up to 72. And really lost intrest in him. He just seems so one sided.

So making a Warrior, Im sure this class is just as 1 sided. But its neat how much the personal stories changed based on your choices. Its like Im seeing a whole different side to the same race.

September 18, 2012 12:10:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Warriors have ridiculous regeneration... I recommend getting the 3 skillpoint signet of regeneration at your earliest opportunity.

and they possess high damage to boot...

rather silly

September 18, 2012 12:30:13 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

I've been just slowly grinding away using my elementalist.  Think I'm about level 42-43.  Currently, I typically log in for a little bit after work play some, then move along to LoL.  The game has a nice mechanic where its pretty easy to farm your exp going at it on a daily basis.  I have access to the level 40 dungeon and would like to try it sometime with you fellas.  I'm not sure if we all get access to the same dungeons at the same time or if its character based.

September 18, 2012 12:46:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I will definitely get it, but in the city I am in, EVERY store seems to be out of a copy, but I do see another reason in which I would buy, it is getting a Mac client version.

September 18, 2012 1:13:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just to say it. Right now, i love GW 2. That doesn´t say much. I loved SW: TOR in the first month, it was OK in the seceond month and the i lost interest.

But...

...GW 2 does so many things right. Not that they did everything different to other MMOs (Quest are still kill or collect something, defend something, patrol someone etc.) but the game plays so fluently. They managed to took out many, many frustrating parts of a MMO. (stealing loot, kill or resources, building the right group takes forever, endless walking between bank, AH and mail etc.)  I love the  worlddesign. So many beautiful places. Its not about grafics. Its about atmosphere. And for everything i do, i get rewarded. Combatskills are related to weapons. From lvl. 1 you get the feeling for the playstyle of your char. And with different weapons comes a different playstyle. Love that. 

And there is so much more. At the moment, if you want to play a MMO, GW 2 is the best choice. 

September 18, 2012 6:30:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

yeahhhh

I'm goin for a legendary...

It'll be a while...

September 21, 2012 2:04:21 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

This thread... I can't tell if it made me want to play more, or less.

I tried this out on someone else's account, but I'm not sure if it's right for me.  So I'm still on the fence here.  Oh well.

September 21, 2012 2:27:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Is there a demo yet?  Or plans to have one?

September 21, 2012 7:02:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

seriously doubtful as to any plans for a demo.

September 21, 2012 9:06:16 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Never know.  First game had one.  

September 22, 2012 6:59:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I logged in for a bit this morning, finished two storyline quests, but was discouraged that all that work only brought be about a third of a level's experience. Lately, though, I've been putting all my gaming time into Borderlands 2. 

September 23, 2012 8:58:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

hahaha

once you reach level 50ish your character seriously accelerates to level 80 at a massive rate...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+