Stardock

Ever play AI and see 250 scout frigates in a well?

By on August 11, 2012 3:19:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Toddwp

Join Date 02/2009
+1

Most bizarre thing I seen in this game. A well with at least 250 scout frigates in it.

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 11, 2012 4:15:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Have seen the AI do the scout spam...don't know why, but never seen that many...usually 15-25 for me....

August 11, 2012 7:13:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It happens from time to time.

August 11, 2012 8:06:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You think its the Advent's (forget which one) possessing ability when the scouts try to leave the well?

August 11, 2012 8:12:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Oh hey, I was just going to report this happening!  But in mine just now there were over 350 scouts, and my game was locking up bad.  I was actually having one hell of a great game... I'm playing Triumverate, each player set to a different race and faction, so I have all 6 going, all set to cruel, and it's been a fantastic hard game so far.  I am LOVING rebellion!!!

I'm almost 6 hours into what's becoming a serious game of attrition... but about 5 hours in it started locking up... I was getting these weird 5-10 second pauses, and they got longer and longer.... to the point I could only play maybe 10 seconds, and then wait 30 seconds for it to unfreeze....

Being rebellion is kinda new, I didn't panic, instead I decided to save, surrender and have a look around, and sure enough, I found an asteriod with something like 360 of the TEC Rebels scouts in it!  And 1 mine that belonged to the TEC loyalists......  350 scouts hunting 1 mine!  Unbelievable....

So I restarted the save as the TEC Rebel team, blew the one mine, and the game instantly unfroze itself.... how interesting!

So I wonder.... about the time the freeze ups began the TEC Loyalist team had surrendered... so far it was the only one... and sitting all by itself is this one remaining mine, did that made the TEC Rebels AI go nuts trying to find it?

My game was auto-saving itself... I'm gonna go back an hour or so game time and find where it starts and unstick it and see what happens...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+