Stardock.com ‚Äč

Updating Trinity Manually?

By on August 10, 2012 7:42:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Smarticles

Join Date 02/2012

I"m sure this has been asked dozens of times through these hallowed halls, but...

Exactly how do I update a retail copy of Trinity? As far as I know I'm suppose to update it through Stardock Central but, for some reason, it can't detect my copy of Trinity and update it; I've contacted Stardock customer support and they've assured me this would solve it (updating through Stardock Central). I even tried downloading the installation files from Stardock but, apparently, the file is corrupt...I sent customer support an email about 2-3 weeks ago and still now reply...

So, I'm just wondering if there's a way to perhaps manually install an update without the need for Stardock Central 'cuz it's causing more problems than it is good. I've had this problem for about 2 months now and I'd kindly like some help.

Cheers,

-Smart

13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 10, 2012 8:11:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Have you tried the download from the stardock website, rather than through the program?

August 10, 2012 8:16:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yup, tried that too but it just comes up with "extraction failed" when I try to run it. Sent a message about that to Customer support like 2-3 weeks ago but still no reply

EDIT: Sorry, that was through the Stardock app, did you mean like manually downloading from the Stardock website itself?

August 10, 2012 8:28:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Smarticles,
Sorry, that was through the Stardock app, did you mean like manually downloading from the Stardock website itself?

Yes. If you go to the main stardock site and view your registrations, you can download it directly from the internet.

Granted that was before SDC, but it might still be available and may help if its an issue with SDC.

August 10, 2012 8:33:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Alrighty, I'll give that a go then. FIngers crossed that it works. Cheers!

Question though: is the latest version of trinity v1.34.050? Just wondering 'cuz my mates have the latest version and I'd like to play with them.

August 10, 2012 8:57:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Smarticles,
Question though: is the latest version of trinity v1.34.050? Just wondering 'cuz my mates have the latest version and I'd like to play with them.

Its 1.34 something, so that sounds right.

August 11, 2012 1:28:47 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Download just finished, tried to run the installation but the "file is corrupt"....help?

August 11, 2012 3:07:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

smarticles, WHICH browser did you use to do the download?

I have used firefox without problems doing the download from the stardock downloads page then run the resultant download.

harpo

August 11, 2012 10:26:22 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I use Chrome but none of my downloads have had any problems. And yeah, that's where I downloaded the installer from. I've sent Customer Support another email but I'll try the Firefox solution in the meantime. Willing to try anything to get it work now!

August 11, 2012 6:32:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

the download size should be approx 1.1gb and in my experience chrome is usually reliable, the next most relevant question is what type of broadband internet connection? mobile(least reliable), fixed wireless( bit better), satellite (varies) ,cable,adsl,adsl2, fiber(all very reliable)

and another factor that often causes issues is the type of connection to the modem ie usb (not very reliable), wireless (prone to interference). and wire(reliable unless the cord is damaged/tripped over)

hope this helps

harpo

August 11, 2012 8:46:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The download just finished and the same error message just pops up. But perhaps you're right Harpo, maybe my internet connection's a bit sketchy :/. I'll just wait for customer support to reply then, thanks for the help guys

October 1, 2012 9:20:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm actually having the same problem.  I've downloaded from the site and from SDC multiple times and nothing.  I tried other browser for DL, tried a different program to see if it would install ok, and nothing from Trinity.

Hope there's a fix and that I didn't just duplicate or revive a dead thread and there's an answer somewhere else (though now I'm going to do some more searching).

October 2, 2012 5:54:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

reddogrer, see the info in my previous reply, it is still current as there has been no updates to trinity in the meantime, the final file size should be 1.09(and a little bit)gb. it downloads reliably for me in my adsl with fixed wire to the modem from the computer in australia, BUT it could be effected by the type of internet connection between your computer and the modem, and the type of internet connection the modem uses.

hope this helps

harpo

October 5, 2012 11:43:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I've had the same file sizes (the ones you guys mentioned) after using multiple browsers, from multiple sources.  I've never had an issue like this before with anything.  I may just try an >.> alternative method <.<  and see if I can get that working correctly.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+