Stardock
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Multiplicity 2 - High CPU usage

By on August 7, 2012 5:07:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Vantorax

Join Date 07/2001
+2

I have the latest beta of Multiplicity 2 with 1 host and 1 guest.

MULTIPL2.EXE on the host is constantly consuming about 20% of the CPU power as reported by Task Manager.  And that is regardless if it is connected to the guest or not.  Does not seem to happen on the guest, though.

13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 8, 2012 7:57:01 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Send an email to support@stardock.com so we can gather some data on your systems and see what might be going on.

August 8, 2012 10:44:41 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Just sent an email.  Thanks.

August 14, 2012 2:55:35 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Any news on this? I had to stop using the beta to get a critical project finished. I am ready to try again. 

September 10, 2012 11:30:57 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I installed new Multiplicity 2 beta (1.90) and it is still consuming between 20 and 25% of CPU power constantly regardless if the guest is connected or not.

Memory consumption is quite low, but CPU consumption never goes down.  I submitted a ticket weeks ago, but it's been silent since I sent the log files requested.

September 10, 2012 11:49:52 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Vantorax,
I installed new Multiplicity 2 beta (1.90) and it is still consuming between 20 and 25% of CPU power constantly regardless if the guest is connected or not.

Memory consumption is quite low, but CPU consumption never goes down.  I submitted a ticket weeks ago, but it's been silent since I sent the log files requested.

If you reboot the primary is the cpu usage high instantly, or does it become increased over time?

Also what build does it say on the Help tab in the UI?

September 11, 2012 8:01:20 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The CPU usage hits in the 20% instantly upon startup and never goes down.  It fluctuates between 18% and 25%, but 20% is an average.

In the Help tab, I see Multiplicity v2.0 build 00024.

Only the primary is experiencing this.  The secondary (the guest) does not.  I have rebooted the secondary several times with no effect on the primary.

September 11, 2012 7:23:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm seeing the same thing. I just installed v.2, build 00024 in a Windows 7 64 bit machine. I'm using a Intel i5-2500K and 3 of the cores are averaging 50% constantly.

September 19, 2012 1:18:49 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Installed the latest build 0028 and the high CPU usage issue has been resolved.  It is barely using any now.  Good job!!

September 21, 2012 5:51:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

September 21, 2012 5:56:31 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

RedneckDude: Did you update to the release version?

The high cpu issue was tracked down and resolved.  It only happened if you had the darken screens option or the show status window options enabled.  It should show as build 28 on the help page.

September 21, 2012 6:12:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

OK, I'll look, Neil.

After rebooting, I had no icon in the systray, but 4 processes running in task manager.....killed all 4, they came back.

But that process did give me a systray icon with which I could kill MP2.

One of those 4 processes is MP2Drag.exe....now, isn't the Drag and Drop function disabled in the free version? And if so, why is that process running?

September 21, 2012 6:22:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Says build 27, Neil.  From Cnet.

Working fine.

September 23, 2012 2:47:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

bump

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000282   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+