Stardock

All my ObjectDock icons dissapeared

reverted to default icons

By on August 4, 2012 10:23:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Tangolima600

Join Date 08/2012

Hey guys, first post. I've been really happy with ObjectDock and am considering purchasing OD plus but as of recently, all of my icons I worked hard at placing and finding quality icon pics for have disappeared and now have the default icons you see when you first install Object Dock. This is pretty disheartening as spent many hours tailoring my desktop with these icons. My question is this: is there any way you can back up your icons so in the case this ever happens again you can simply revert from a previous backup?

Thanks!

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 23, 2012 1:13:36 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Same just happened to me - not happy!

September 23, 2012 1:25:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This may not be the reason...but if you moved the folder where you had the icons placed, the dock icons wouldn't know the new path.

September 23, 2012 1:38:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Open OD config, Settings, Troubleshooting Options, there is a button to open OD settings folder so you can make a backup. Copy and save them somewhere until needed.

September 24, 2012 10:52:15 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

One thing to remember when backing up OD settings is that the settings files are written when OD is closed.  So once you have things set up, make sure to close OD at least once before backing up so that you get all the most recent changes.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000672   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+