Stardock
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Icon Packager and System Tray

By on August 2, 2012 1:54:39 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

bucks

Join Date 04/2003

What setting do I need to either check or uncheck in Icon Packager so that it doesn't change the icons in the system tray at all.

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 2, 2012 7:21:17 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What OS?

Can you post a screenshot of the icons changed by IP? There is no setting in config to allow/disallow systray icon replacement and I don't recall IconPackager ever changing those icons.

August 2, 2012 4:03:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,
What OS?

Can you post a screenshot of the icons changed by IP? There is no setting in config to allow/disallow systray icon replacement and I don't recall IconPackager ever changing those icons.

Agreed.....and actually, it is a long and drawn out process that is required to change those tray icons. I believe there is a tutorial on how to do it over on the" How-to Geek "  website.

August 2, 2012 7:49:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

O/S is Windows 7 x64 Razer icon

The icon has gone to the generic white page, should be the Razer icon.  This has only happened since I installed IconPackager, if I uninstall IconPackager the icon then becomes the Razer icon once again.

August 2, 2012 8:09:35 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Do this:  Go to 'Start' open run command, type in Regedit.
In the new window of Registry Editor go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shellex and delete the subkey/folder 'IconHandler

as per this thread:http://forums.wincustomize.com/390822

August 2, 2012 9:04:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hey Wiz....thanks for that link, I've been searching the forums archives trying to find that post. I've been wanting to do a little icon maintenance myself but couldn't find that thread.

August 2, 2012 9:10:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You're welcome Ace. I hope it helps the OP.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+