Stardock
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

The Brony Haven

Unleash your inner pony!

By on August 1, 2012 10:52:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Oddski_Boddski

Join Date 12/2010
+28

I figured that I might as well make this thread to draw any fellow bronies out of the woodwork of the forums. This thread is intended for bronies to discuss all matters My Little Pony related. 

Update: The video challenge has its own thread now under the title "CHALLENGE: Video Stare Effect", or something like that. 

Update 2: I have now been declared Lord Brony of these forums.

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/428908

Update 3: Twilight_Storm is the champion of the 127 Hour Pony Picture Challenge.

Update 4: We have our own mod now. Found here: http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/438185/page/1/#3296174 Currently a WIP. 

Hopefully there are some other bronies out there in the forums. 

819 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 4, 2012 9:12:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

@Semaz--lol man--that was simultaneously scary and funny.

I made the dancing avatar because of the silly Mecha-Lenin troll threads that were popping up as a sort of sarcastic point to the ridculosity (my made up word).

I really have to change that.

I thought for years that "furries" were an internet joke until I became friends with a guy who did furry body painting at cons.  It took me about a month not to laugh when he talked about it.

In his defense as a male, he did have women stand in line and pay him to paint their unclothed bodies.  To each his own.

I'll adjust my avatar tonight.

August 4, 2012 9:24:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting TheFunkMaster,
Look, you gaggle o' Brony-Haters need to pack your sack of opinions and half-baked theories and carry 'em someplace else.

Hey, you guys decided to "build" an outpost in a set of forums all about gaming, computing, and politics. You should be expecting a potentially hostile environment, regardless of me not trying to insult you.

Quoting TheFunkMaster,
I honestly believe that some punks that run their mouth about things they don't really know a rat-squirt about genuinely think they're saying something useful and helpful.

As said I was explaining it to Axxo, both the positive and negative stereotypes. I specifically said I had no idea what the ratio between them is, but I think its a safe bet at least 1 person who watches the show (like everything else) for not so innocent reasons.

Quoting TheFunkMaster,
My girlfriend and I both enjoy My Little Pony, and if you can't get past the cuteness to see the smooth animation, excellent voice-acting, original soundtrack with catchy songs and well-above-average plot lines and character development...then I'd charge that you don't know what a "good" cartoon actually is.

I find almost all TV to be a waste of time personally. I really couldn't care less what you choose to watch. Its just most fans of annoying TV shows stay on fan sites dedicated to such things, and I don't see them. Many bronies however seem to like to take their identity with them everywhere, like here, which like Axxo I do not understand and find curious and sometimes annoying. If I wanted to see pictures of colorful ponies in every post I'm sure google could find more than I could imagine.

August 4, 2012 9:49:26 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,

I find almost all TV to be a waste of time personally. I really couldn't care less what you choose to watch. Its just most fans of annoying TV shows stay on fan sites dedicated to such things, and I don't see them. Many bronies however seem to like to take their identity with them everywhere, like here, which like Axxo I do not understand and find curious and sometimes annoying. If I wanted to see pictures of colorful ponies in every post I'm sure google could find more than I could imagine.

Yes...or you could stay out of threads dedicated to colorful ponies.  But what sweet irony it is for you to stomp in here, imply that a goodly chunk of us are very likely to be slavering perverts that fornicate with all sorts of unseemly things, and then act like it's our fault we got insulted because you came into this thread with all it's colorful ponies.  Too funny.

Maybe you're a closeted Brony that's dealing with all kinds of shame issues.  Hey man...it gets better.

August 4, 2012 9:56:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The major problem with cross posting of threads between Stardock forums is.................well this. 

August 4, 2012 9:57:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Isn't it ironic that the people who rail against something stridently always seem to turn out to do that thing they claim to hate? Like those guys who crusade against perverts, and then have o*** *** in airport bathroom stalls with other men? 

August 4, 2012 10:00:57 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Quoting OddskiBoddski,
I thought that Pargh'kahn was the preferred Klingon roast. 

You didn't make that up did you Oddski?  You really know that kind of thing, don't you?

August 4, 2012 10:04:20 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Quoting OddskiBoddski,
Isn't it ironic that the people who rail against something stridently always seem to turn out to do that thing they claim to hate? Like those guys who crusade against perverts, and then have o*** *** in airport bathroom stalls with other men? 

You've noticed that too 'eh?  Yeah, people are funny little things sometimes.

August 4, 2012 10:35:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting TheFunkMaster,
Yes...or you could stay out of threads dedicated to colorful ponies. But what sweet irony it is for you to stomp in here, imply that a goodly chunk of us are very likely to be slavering perverts that fornicate with all sorts of unseemly things, and then act like it's our fault we got insulted because you came into this thread with all it's colorful ponies.

Alright, no need to get defensive. I'll admit I maybe prejudiced because the bronies I know in real life never cease to try and get me to watch the show. Maybe I just needed to vent. I'll get out of your little corral, no need to compare me to discredited politicians. I really am sorry if I insulted anyone.

August 4, 2012 11:43:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting OddskiBoddski,
Worf is not permitted in this thread. No Klingon warrior would touch this topic with the business end of a photon torpedo.
Now that was funny!!!   ROFLMAO!!!!

August 5, 2012 1:00:04 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,

Alright, no need to get defensive. I'll admit I maybe prejudiced because the bronies I know in real life never cease to try and get me to watch the show. Maybe I just needed to vent. I'll get out of your little corral, no need to compare me to discredited politicians. I really am sorry if I insulted anyone.

Spoken like a gentleman sir.  You got yourself a few cool points back.

August 5, 2012 2:52:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,

Worf is not permitted in this thread. No Klingon warrior would touch this topic with the

It's part of the new upcoming ST movie.

The Klingons will be kinder and more sensitive and their new saying is, "Today is a good day to cry.".  

They'll fit right in here.

August 5, 2012 3:37:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

yeah, most of it all about old guys getting in touch with their inner child and forcing it to endure all the sick shit other older guys have done to a little girl's cartoon.  Seriously, some of it is enough to make you want to drill a hole in your head and pour in battery acid.

August 5, 2012 7:02:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Bronies are very similar in how they behave to similarly aged anime fans in the mid-90's.  I did my share of cringeworthy things back then.

I got no problem with bronies, not a fan of the show, but some of the art is nice, and I have plenty of friends who love the show, and I understand why.  Many of them also love fighting games (and there is a MLP/Fighting game crossover that was demoed at Evo this year)

August 5, 2012 9:42:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Alstein,
Bronies are very similar in how they behave to similarly aged anime fans in the mid-90's.  I did my share of cringeworthy things back then.

I got no problem with bronies, not a fan of the show, but some of the art is nice, and I have plenty of friends who love the show, and I understand why.  Many of them also love fighting games (and there is a MLP/Fighting game crossover that was demoed at Evo this year)

That sounds interesting.....

August 5, 2012 11:40:09 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Quoting Sinperium,

The Klingons will be kinder and more sensitive and their new saying is, "Today is a good day to cry.".  

HAHAHA!  I ldig their new saying...very Klingon.  Maybe their phazers can fire happy rays that make people giggle instead of mangling them horribly.  I bet they get a lot less acid reflux these days, good for them to reduce their stress levels.  Even Klingons only have so many redundant organs to take the brunt of all of that tension.

August 5, 2012 2:50:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

http://www.mane6.com/

Link to the pony-fighter.  It's a dojin game.

August 5, 2012 3:16:42 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Good times, I'll have to check that out.  Thanks homie.

August 5, 2012 11:52:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That game is brilliant.

August 6, 2012 12:36:48 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting TheFunkMaster,

Quoting Sinperium, reply 62

HAHAHA!  I ldig their new saying...very Klingon.  Maybe their phazers can fire happy rays that make people giggle instead of mangling them horribly.  I bet they get a lot less acid reflux these days, good for them to reduce their stress levels.  Even Klingons only have so many redundant organs to take the brunt of all of that tension.

Talk about a "WTF" moment in Internet History.  Bronies suck.  Worfies rule!  LOL.  

August 6, 2012 12:55:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

tee he......     

August 6, 2012 12:57:15 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SemazRalan,

Quoting TheFunkMaster, reply 66
Quoting Sinperium, reply 62

Talk about a "WTF" moment in Internet History.  Bronies suck.  Worfies rule!  LOL.  

I lol'd.

August 6, 2012 4:44:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

August 7, 2012 1:15:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Real Men Love Ponies

August 7, 2012 2:44:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Watch Out Alien Scumbags

August 8, 2012 11:44:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+