Stardock

Windows 8 will not have Aero Glass

Start Skinning!

By on July 31, 2012 11:54:22 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums External Link

Scott Napo...

Join Date 03/2002

The Windows 8 desktop experience will not have Aero glass.  You can't turn it on, you can't enable it via registry hacks and you can't install it as an optional OS component.  Gone.  For those of you who want to know what this will look like, set your current them to Windows Basic (Vista or later) and check it out.  The Modern "Metro" shell is cool and all, but if you're like me you'll still be spending most of your time on the desktop.  I certainly hope Window Blinds for Win8 will support this feature, or at least provide an aesthetic alternative.  I know I personally will be driving as many folks as I can here, and to the folks over at ObjectDesktop!

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 31, 2012 12:38:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Very true . . but not new news.  

Creating the Windows 8 user experience

Steven Sinofsky

July 31, 2012 1:05:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I dont mind not having aero... for a few weeks - im certain someone will come out with a way around it
What i dont like and what i think is a bad idea -is to show of a release preview that still runs aero glass on the desk and then release a fugly looking  piece of modern software that is totally different of what you expect as buyer if you have tested the cp or rp ...while they showed of a " normal desktop" in the rp that supports transparency
+ talking about a good alternative - i for myself starts thinking of the cp bootscreen with the lovely fish -not or the IE with buttons larger than my nipples

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+