Stardock

Chrome tabs not showing

By on July 15, 2012 4:01:49 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

WandaJo

Join Date 01/2008
+1

Win7 - Tiles for Chrome

I only get one icon for Chrome and new tabs do not show up on the tiles bar.  If I use IE, it works fine.tiles snipit

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 16, 2012 10:33:28 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This is unfortunately a limitation in Chrome.  There is a command line parameter you can add (I forget what it is at the moment, but I'll try to find it), but you would need to use it every time you launch Chrome, and I believe it also affects Aero Peek for the Windows taskbar.

July 16, 2012 1:54:10 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

That's good to know.  I start it from an Object Dock shortcut so I could add the arguments there?  Or create a .bat file?  

I appreciate the help; thanks!

July 16, 2012 2:48:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Putting the following:

--enable-aero-peek-tabs

into the arguments field of the ObjectDock shortcut should do it.  You'll need to shut down all instances of Chrome for it to take effect, but worst case, that'll require a reboot.

July 16, 2012 5:28:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I tried doing what you suggested on the dock.  No workie boys.  Also tried a .bat and actually issuing it from the command line.  None of them work for me?  Have you known it work for others?  Thanks for all your help.

July 17, 2012 12:30:31 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It looks like they removed that flag, and I can't see what other switch might work.  You can see the full list here:

http://peter.sh/experiments/chromium-command-line-switches/

I'm not sure how else to go about getting those tabs, as Chrome doesn't expose them by default, and Tiles can't see them otherwise.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000516   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+