Stardock

Weird Dread Lord event

By on July 13, 2012 11:33:41 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Zerenoth9

Join Date 03/2007

So, I was playing a game, with the "Dread Lord Dominion" Scenario on, and was sorely getting my butt kicked, although I wa s holding out. Then, out of the blue, I get the event that says "Woe to all, the Dread Lords have arrived, etc, etc." I didn't think much of it, until I got a message later saying the Dread Lords had conquered the Dread Lords. 

Thats right. The Dread Lord spawning mega-event happened in a scenario where the Dread Lords had started in the game, and then the Dread Lords that got spawned got conquered by the Dread Lords that were already there.

It then gets weirder, as it turns out that the game registered the Dread Lords being conquered as fulfilling the victory conditions for the scenario, and I got the victory screen the next turn, even though the original Dread Lords were still around. I'm not sure if I should count myself lucky, or rail that I was cheated out of victory.

Well, just something funny that I felt like telling you guys about.

//
4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 14, 2012 12:01:00 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

It then gets weirder, as it turns out that the game registered the dread Lords being conquered as fulfilling the victory conditions for the scenario, and I got the victory screen the next turn, even though the original Dread Lords were still around. I'm not sure if I should count myself lucky, or rail that I was cheated out of victory.

Are you sure it wasn't the new Dread Lords that conquered the original Dread Lords? That would make a bit more sense.

July 14, 2012 12:08:50 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Well, it had the old planet as the capitol, so I don't think so. Unless they moved it

July 16, 2012 9:34:40 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Hilarious.

January 3, 2013 11:19:22 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Whale, just had a funny Dread Lord event happen to moi as the Terrans. Holding me own (barely) against the Krynn, Drengin and Korx when the “Woe to all” blurb pops up and sure enough – the Dread Lords magically appeared a parsec away from Earth. My very 1st Normandy class troop ship (toting 2000 combat cats) was just constructed the same turn and easily reached the Dread Lords to invade. The 20 Dread Lord troops defending put up one heck of a fight – shooting all that pink and purple ray gun chiz yet were annihilated by my 1300 survivors.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+