Stardock

Quick question from a returning player

By on July 10, 2012 2:51:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

mlepinski

Join Date 03/2003
+2

I pre-ordered War of Magic back in 2009. When the game was released in 2010, I played the release version (1.0?) for a bit. The game was kind of fun, but ultimately disappointing. I went off to play other games for a while and now I'm interested in returning to the world of Elemental. 

My question is whether the game is significantly improved with the 1.4 patch (as compared to the release version)? That is, is it worth spending some time on the current version of War of Magic, or am I better off waiting for Fallen Enchantress. (I haven't been paying enough attention to know what the key differences are between War of Magic and Fallen Enchantress, but it looks like I have beta access to Fallen Enchantress since I pre-ordered War of Magic years ago.)

Thanks for the help! 

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 10, 2012 2:57:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Fallen Enchantress is superior. Play the beta.

July 10, 2012 3:21:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks a lot.

On a related question, is there an easy way to find the change logs for War of Magic patches? (I'm sure quite a bit changed in 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4, but I'm not sure where to find patch notes)

July 10, 2012 7:18:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

the obvoius and fairly easy way is to type 'change log wom' into the search box on the top righthand side of the page, BUT you will get 8+ PAGES of posts into the changelog posts along with the posts themselves

harpo

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+