Stardock

Adding Comments or Replying to Comments Not Working

By on July 10, 2012 1:46:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Casperrr

Join Date 12/2007
+4

HI-

Tried adding a comment/compliment for a "skinner" and my comment will not "apply."

When clicking on "Submit" - the page jumps to the top and the comment will not post.

Same thing when trying to respond to comments left by others regarding my work.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

17 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 10, 2012 2:30:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Do you have Ghostery installed?  If so that may be the source of your problem.

I have the same issue and merely disabling it/white listing WC does not help.

I found the only way to be able to comment on skins is the completely uninstall Ghostery, which leaves you open to a host of trackers and unwanted popups, etc.

As much as as I would like to be able to comment on skins, I value my internet safety/privacy even more and have chosen the lesser of two evils to keep Ghostery installed.  I frequently have several tabs open and I will not leave myself open to being tracked by advertisers or anyone else on the net.

July 10, 2012 2:40:37 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,
Do you have Ghostery installed?  If so that may be the source of your problem.

I have the same issue and merely disabling it/white listing WC does not help.

I found the only way to be able to comment on skins is the completely uninstall Ghostery, which leaves you open to a host of trackers and unwanted popups, etc.

As much as as I would like to be able to comment on skins, I value my internet safety/privacy even more and have chosen the lesser of two evils to keep Ghostery installed.  I frequently have several tabs open and I will not leave myself open to being tracked by advertisers or anyone else on the net.

You might want to try this: http://abine.com/dntdetail.php pretty much does the same thing but you can exclude WC from it and leave all other sites on. It's called "DoNotTrack" it is free and it works in both FF and IE.

July 10, 2012 3:23:51 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Frankief,
You might want to try this: http://abine.com/dntdetail.php pretty much does the same thing but you can exclude WC from it and leave all other sites on. It's called "DoNotTrack" it is free and it works in both FF and IE.

Thanks for the heads up on that one, Frankie, I'll take a look into that one.

July 10, 2012 7:05:23 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Posting skin comments with IE9 plain and simple does not work.  IE9 works in the forums for comments but not on skins.  I've mentioned this several times it remains not addressed. 

July 10, 2012 7:30:58 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting BigDogBigFeet,
Posting skin comments with IE9 plain and simple does not work.  IE9 works in the forums for comments but not on skins.  I've mentioned this several times it remains not addressed. 
I jsut posted wit IE9 at http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/objectdock/17307/ 

What happens when you try?

July 10, 2012 11:57:26 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm  not having any issues posting with IE9.  Make sure you don't have any add-ons or anything like that enabled.

July 10, 2012 12:33:55 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I am also not having any problems in the forums or on skins using IE 9 and posting. 

July 10, 2012 12:42:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Philly0381,
I am also not having any problems in the forums or on skins using IE 9 and posting. 

Same here. @ the OP. If using IE9, have you tried using compatibility mode?

July 10, 2012 6:59:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I have IE9 in compatibility mode.  It posts here but not in Skins section.  It's been like this for me ever since I can remember. 

The reply box in comments doesn't show any of the edit buttons like Bold, Underline, Fonts, Smileys, etc.  It also won't post.  I have to switch to FF to post comments in skins.

It sounds like maybe some settings I use in IE9 are blocking some scripts from running.

July 10, 2012 7:11:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting BigDogBigFeet,
The reply box in comments doesn't show any of the edit buttons like Bold, Underline, Fonts, Smileys, etc.

I haven't seen that in awhile but last year it was a common occurrence.   Posting a reply  under those conditions resulted in a "You cannot post an empty reply"

Fact is, I don't comment on skins as much as I should.

July 10, 2012 8:18:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

BDBF are you running any addons with IE 9?  The reason I ask is I am not and I wonder if that might be causing the problem. 

July 11, 2012 1:33:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks  much for the feedback - will test my current add ons (running Fire Fox 13.0.1) -

Not using any Surf Anonymity app. right now but have used Cyber Ghost in the past- will check that.

But - yeah, it's odd - the page pops back up to the top after clicking on "Submit" - and does not allow adding comments specifically in the comment sections of the Cursor, Wallpaper, Skins, et. secions - but appears not an issue in the main Forum areas.

Well, will post back if I find a solution.

Thanks again

September 27, 2012 9:26:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm using Chrome with several extensions including DNT (Do Not Track), and on the WinCustomize site it says it's blocking 4 things: Google Analytics, Google Adsense, Sharethis, and NetShelter. If you're okay with doing so, only allow Sharethis and you'll be able to post comments just fine. I went through and tried each one and Sharethis was the one that needed to be allowed.

Hope this helps.

EDIT - Just realized I kinda necroed a post, but oh well. If it helps someone, so be it.

September 28, 2012 5:06:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting SLeePYG72786,
EDIT - Just realized I kinda necroed a post, but oh well. If it helps someone, so be it.

Not that old a thread, so it's ok.

At least you stayed on topic.

September 28, 2012 8:34:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Casperrr,
But - yeah, it's odd - the page pops back up to the top after clicking on "Submit" - and does not allow adding comments specifically in the comment sections of the Cursor, Wallpaper, Skins, et. secions - but appears not an issue in the main Forum areas.

That's specifically the effect of a 'blocker' such as 'Do Not Track Plus'.  Putting Wincustomize into the 'allowed' section/whatever will cure it.

November 14, 2012 11:58:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Quoting Casperrr, reply 12But - yeah, it's odd - the page pops back up to the top after clicking on "Submit" - and does not allow adding comments specifically in the comment sections of the Cursor, Wallpaper, Skins, et. secions - but appears not an issue in the main Forum areas.

That's specifically the effect of a 'blocker' such as 'Do Not Track Plus'.  Putting Wincustomize into the 'allowed' section/whatever will cure it.

Using FF 16.0.02, have all the 'do not track' options and blockers turned off.  All scripts allowed from this site.  I cannot submit comments. The statement at the top of this post explains what happens.

November 14, 2012 12:25:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Basically doing the same thing here, I'll post a comment in FF or IE and it goes to the top of the page and the comment is not there.  I hit refresh several times and it still is not there, but if I go back and look 10 minutes later it is there.

This is why this happens:  http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/objectdock_backgrounds/405/

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000484   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+