Stardock.com ‚Äč

What happened?

By on July 4, 2012 3:26:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

LizMarr

Join Date 05/2006
+46

I been using Dreamscapes a while and all of a sudden it's MPEG is in violation of something and DeskScapes 3 shuts down.

The Dream may contain an invalid video type or a compatible MPEG-2 video decoder may not be present.

Please visit here for more information:

http://www.stardock.com/products/deskscapes/nocodec.asp

I have been using it for years, why all of a sudden does it not work? It even shut down the Dream that was running at the time. Do I need to remove and reinstall or worry that I have some type of bug that is eating my graphics?

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 4, 2012 3:32:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I just when through all my Dreams and the one that is "broken" is the one I was using at the time, and another takes several minutes to start up. What happened?  I told it to use a folder that had pngs as well as jpgs, would that have broken it?

July 4, 2012 3:35:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Does it do this with all dreams? Have you recently installed/updated a codec pack?

Will hybrid dreams run?

July 6, 2012 1:50:35 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I haven't installed codecs for about 6 months and nothing was installing at the time I was using it. Like I say, I was trying to load a photo wallpaper from a folder that has both JPG and PNG - Deskscapes 3 apparently doesn't even see PNG (I wish I could load things via file search) When I applied the new wallpaper then I got a message and the Dream disappeared. It took me a moment to figure out it was NOT the JPG that was causing the error. The Dream that went boo-boo is called "Divided we fall" and I don't know a hybrid from a hole. To me, if they move they are a Dream...

July 6, 2012 2:31:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I brought this up months ago.  Even though all Dreams worked flawlessly in the past, they won't work now.  Support will not give a reason for this.

July 6, 2012 6:01:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

There is an unannounced update to DS. See reply #32 in THIS thread. You might want to uninstall DeskScapes and install the newest version, from the store, not SDC.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+