Stardock
Stardock Summer Vacation
Jul 6, 2015 8:00

Stardock will be closed for the week starting on Monday, June 29th and we will be returning on Monday, July 6th. We will be monitoring support tickets and forums during this time, but expect delays in responses during this time.

What happened?

By on July 4, 2012 3:26:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

LizMarr

Join Date 05/2006
+46

I been using Dreamscapes a while and all of a sudden it's MPEG is in violation of something and DeskScapes 3 shuts down.

The Dream may contain an invalid video type or a compatible MPEG-2 video decoder may not be present.

Please visit here for more information:

http://www.stardock.com/products/deskscapes/nocodec.asp

I have been using it for years, why all of a sudden does it not work? It even shut down the Dream that was running at the time. Do I need to remove and reinstall or worry that I have some type of bug that is eating my graphics?

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 4, 2012 3:32:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I just when through all my Dreams and the one that is "broken" is the one I was using at the time, and another takes several minutes to start up. What happened?  I told it to use a folder that had pngs as well as jpgs, would that have broken it?

July 4, 2012 3:35:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Does it do this with all dreams? Have you recently installed/updated a codec pack?

Will hybrid dreams run?

July 6, 2012 1:50:35 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I haven't installed codecs for about 6 months and nothing was installing at the time I was using it. Like I say, I was trying to load a photo wallpaper from a folder that has both JPG and PNG - Deskscapes 3 apparently doesn't even see PNG (I wish I could load things via file search) When I applied the new wallpaper then I got a message and the Dream disappeared. It took me a moment to figure out it was NOT the JPG that was causing the error. The Dream that went boo-boo is called "Divided we fall" and I don't know a hybrid from a hole. To me, if they move they are a Dream...

July 6, 2012 2:31:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I brought this up months ago.  Even though all Dreams worked flawlessly in the past, they won't work now.  Support will not give a reason for this.

July 6, 2012 6:01:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

There is an unannounced update to DS. See reply #32 in THIS thread. You might want to uninstall DeskScapes and install the newest version, from the store, not SDC.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000531   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+