Stardock

Where is StarDocks summer sale?

By on July 3, 2012 12:13:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Tattyhat

Join Date 04/2012
+11

Everyone and their dogs and cats is having a summer sale, from %10 to %80 off.  Doesn't Stardock believe in the God of summer sales?

33 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 3, 2012 12:17:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Nope, too small.

July 3, 2012 1:40:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Ryat,
Nope, too small.

Bugger. 

July 3, 2012 2:47:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Stardock, as a general rule, don't put their stuff on sale much. 

July 3, 2012 3:07:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Alstein,
Stardock, as a general rule, don't put their stuff on sale much. 

It would be really sweet of Stardock to reward all of their fantastic, friendly, loyal, dedicated, intelligent, handsome fans, with a sale, so as they could pick up all of the bits and trinkets that they can not, as yet afford.

July 3, 2012 11:37:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

They usually don't put things on sale.  They do offer discounts to loyal purchasers though... Rebellion being discounted to those who had the original, for example.

I prefer them keeping their prices lower, as apposed to having them high usually, and putting a sale out for a few days.

July 4, 2012 2:14:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There is probably going to be discounts on stardock games during the steam sale. I am not really sure if discounting games on their own store would really help since anyone who shops there is probably going to buy stuff for full price before it goes on sale.

July 4, 2012 2:38:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting SivCorp,

I prefer them keeping their prices lower, as apposed to having them high usually, and putting a sale out for a few days.

I don't know.  Most people including reviewers, say that Rebellion for instance, is over priced for a expansion.

July 4, 2012 9:25:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I did give Object Desktop a chance because of the half off sale, and there are a couple of things I will wait to buy on sale that aren't game-related,.

July 5, 2012 4:18:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It won't help you with Stardock's Windows gadgets, but if you're wanting a sale on their games, and don't mind making a deal with a lesser evil, then Stardock has a Steam Summer Sale Bundle. No word on prices though.

http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/apps/15229

Best intelligent guess is that the sale starts on the 12th, but who knows if Stardock will have a greater Daily Discount beyond whatever the normal discounts will be.

July 10, 2012 7:52:59 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

A reddit user leaked Steam's Summer sale event...

The "Stardock Collection Pack" is supposed to be one of the items.

July 16, 2012 8:28:33 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Stardock collection is on Steam Summer Sale now

For $44.98 you get

Sins: Rebellion
Sins: Trinity
Gal Civ II Ultimate
Demigod

Also on Individual Sale
Demigod $4.99
Gal Civ II Ultimate: $9.99
Sins: Trinity: $9.99

July 17, 2012 11:32:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,
Stardock collection is on Steam Summer Sale now

For $44.98 you get

Sins: Rebellion
Sins: Trinity
Gal Civ II Ultimate
Demigod

Also on Individual Sale
Demigod $4.99
Gal Civ II Ultimate: $9.99
Sins: Trinity: $9.99

I think I might rage slightly. I mean, Rebellion AND Trinity AND Gal Civ II Ultimate AND Demigod for $45. I mean, I spent a good sixty dollars on Trinity and Rebellion alone. I know it's a sale, but still. Makes me kinda feel like the people who first bought the Ipad, and then Apple dropped the price by some large amount a month after they released it, pissing off all the people who initially bought it.

End rant.

July 17, 2012 12:24:43 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Yeah, well, I bought Tropico 3 and FS: Red three hours before they went on the even bigger sale, wasting $6 of my $20 disposable income.  Actually, I would have just upgraded to Tropic 4 and it would have cost the same, but that's not the point.  The point is, if you want something 'now' you're not likely to get it as cheap as if you want it 'sometime'.

July 18, 2012 1:05:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

... technically.. there's no discount on rebellion whatsoever.. it's just the other 3 bits are halved.

July 18, 2012 1:23:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It came to late.  I have bought everything except Rebellion, which I won't buy until it's at the price that it deserves, and that would roughly be around £5 and not a penny more.

July 18, 2012 2:16:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I really enjoyed Demigod. With the online community dust, Demigod would be one of those games on my Steam games list I'd wish wasn't there.

Isn't Rebellion an improved version of Trinity? I'm looking at Left 4 Dead & Left 4 Dead 2 on my list and am thinking that would be the same situation.

The way I see it is you 2 games for about $45 which isn't that good of a deal when you look at the Square Enix collection where I count 11 games I'd play for $5 more.

July 18, 2012 8:11:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Some of the Steam deals are very much worth the money and it's very hard to resist a lot of them.

As for Rebellion, well, it's a dirty stealing pickpocket conman no-good robber, it makes my principles smoulder.  It adds nothing to Diplomacy but a titan or two, and the colour pink, therefore it is a simple add-on.  So no moneys for big, bad Rebellion from me this Steam summer sale.

July 18, 2012 8:49:02 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

We typically have a sale or coupon available every week. Keep an eye on our mailers!

July 18, 2012 9:50:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting redskittlesonly,
We typically have a sale or coupon available every week. Keep an eye on our mailers!

No one ever mail me Miss redskittlesonly.

July 18, 2012 10:02:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think I own Demigod, I turned it on once, and was "WTF is this game" and then never returned to it.  Not my cup of tea, no sir.

July 18, 2012 10:42:30 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Tattyhat,

Quoting redskittlesonly, reply 19We typically have a sale or coupon available every week. Keep an eye on our mailers!

Did you mark us as SPAM or turn off your mailing subscriptions?

July 18, 2012 10:49:39 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Tattyhat,
It came to late.  I have bought everything except Rebellion, which I won't buy until it's at the price that it deserves, and that would roughly be around £5 and not a penny more.

And yet another loving post about how wonderful some people think Rebellion is.....

July 18, 2012 11:07:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting redskittlesonly,

Quoting Tattyhat, reply 20
Quoting redskittlesonly, reply 19We typically have a sale or coupon available every week. Keep an eye on our mailers!

Did you mark us as SPAM or turn off your mailing subscriptions?

oooooow I founded it Miss redskittlesonly, thank you.  Mailing list subscriptions now has my necessaries entered into it, so now I might get Rebellion for £5 yes?  

July 18, 2012 11:21:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I kept my word about purchasing Twilight of the Arnor (via Gal Civ 2 Ult Bundle) when it reached $9.99.  Thanks SD!  Use that money wisely!  Free sodas in the office maybe?

July 18, 2012 1:32:26 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Sins: Rebellion is on the Steam Daily Sale for 25% off.

$29.99

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000656   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+