Stardock.com ‚Äč

Random events for wildland territories

By on July 2, 2012 4:01:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Grizzyloins

Join Date 09/2010
+7

What if as soon as our units enter & every turn within the zone of control of wildlands, there was a certain percentage chance to:  Lets say your moving through a desert, you might lose a member of each army group you have to some giant ant lions - giant insects that make a cone in the sand & sit buried at the bottom waiting for an ant or anything of similar size to fall in, once they fall the creature throws up sand like a fast shovel trying to make the victim trip & drop to the bottom where it's snagged & dragged under

theant li...

or upon entering a forested wildland you had a chance to be met by a friendly fairy that gives you some magical berries that do such & such, or lose some troops to a lycanthropy ambush/outbreak

Perhaps we could have a Wildland that had events like this, Upon entering the ancient burial grounds of the so & so your forces slowly dwindle due to a plague of sorts & repeated attacks by what are believed to be vampires during camp, the troops lost would be added to the Necromancer's/Liches army which would be unleashed upon whomever wonders too close to his crypt or would unleash upon the closest cities once his army had grown to an adequate size, maybe one could have a chance of finding a Lost relic that the Nec/Lich would be willing to give you he & his army's servitude in order to obtian

Just thought I'd see if this kind of thing sounded any good

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 2, 2012 6:19:21 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I would like this, makes the wildlands more... wild.

July 2, 2012 1:36:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

ya I was aiming for more wild & something that would help add in fantastic creatures without having to have models for them, it would help add the 'feel' of a fantastic world without all the memory problems

July 2, 2012 1:41:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Random events can currently only trigger from population levels. I hope they add new quest triggers so we can do this.

July 7, 2012 12:21:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That soul-contract image at the bottom of HeavenFall's Stormworld post gave me a 'Rumple Stiltskin?' sort of idea, though we would have to have dynasties reimplemented - Soon after creating your first city a Wildland/demon faction sends you an offer of an item that grants you some special trait in exchange for your first born male child, if accepted the child will be taken by the demon to his 'wildland'.  The demon through rituals & whatnot infuses the child with the spirit of his Fallen TiTan.  The Titan at this point continues to regain his lost power in this new host till reaching the 100-300th? turn at which time he is at his full former glory & ready to restart his domination of this world. 

One could have the demon continue recruiting the new borns as Top lieutenants (Heros) for the Titan's army possibly? (this would allow for all factions playing to be given this demon's deal/quest opportunity).  The factions that agreed to this demons' deal would be hated (-3 to relations) by the Titan & his followers due to the family members dispising those that gave them up

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000063   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+