Stardock

Pact Limitation (1 Ally)

By on July 1, 2012 7:19:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Coridane

Join Date 10/2011
+13

I've been playing a lot of Sins over a LAN with three or sometimes four friends. We are having a blast - especially when we are engaging hard or unfair AIs. It's a bummer though that we can't offer pacts to more than one ally (when there's only three of us playing), but with four of us playing, it's not a big deal.

15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 1, 2012 7:28:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ya its really funky and wierd and makes no sence. It seems to be a lingering feature carried over from galactic civilizations 2.

July 1, 2012 8:22:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

the reason why you can't have more then one of the same kind of pacts is because when you have the pact, you BOTH get the benefit of the pact.

If you had the same pact with 2 or more people, you would get a bonus for every pact you would have, in your case 3 friends, YOU would have 3 PACT Bonuses from the same pact.

The same could be said if you were playing with NPCs against your friends, you could ally 3 NPCs and have pacts with them getting triple bonuses and completely OP your friends.

Allowing more then 1 type of pact per person would cause all sorts of balance issues. plain and simple.

-AE

July 1, 2012 8:31:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I figured they did it for balancing, but I would still love to see, in a future release perhaps, the ability to offer a pact to more than one. Your concern that you would get a bonus for every pact - I would address by only getting the bonus once, even if I've offered it to more than one person. In other words, it wouldn't stack. The only person who would be affected by a second, or third pact offering is the person being offered the pact (not you).

So I would offer the Supply pact, for example, and both my ally and I would benefit. Later, I would offer it to another ally and he would then benefit. That way, your entire alliance can reap the benefits. Like I said, when four of us (an even number) play, it's not a big deal.

This really isn't a huge deal, but I wouldn't mind seeing them tweak this down the road.

July 1, 2012 8:45:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting AgentExeider,
the reason why you can't have more then one of the same kind of pacts is because when you have the pact, you BOTH get the benefit of the pact.

If you had the same pact with 2 or more people, you would get a bonus for every pact you would have, in your case 3 friends, YOU would have 3 PACT Bonuses from the same pact.

The same could be said if you were playing with NPCs against your friends, you could ally 3 NPCs and have pacts with them getting triple bonuses and completely OP your friends.

Allowing more then 1 type of pact per person would cause all sorts of balance issues. plain and simple.

-AE

dude. youd just make them not stack. duh.

July 1, 2012 9:44:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Pbhead,

Quoting AgentExeider, reply 2the reason why you can't have more then one of the same kind of pacts is because when you have the pact, you BOTH get the benefit of the pact.

-AE

dude. youd just make them not stack. duh.

then what would be the point? Derp!

-AE

EDIT: As it stands they already don't stack.

July 1, 2012 11:38:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

To share the benefits with all of your allies.

July 1, 2012 11:56:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Coridane,
To share the benefits with all of your allies.

exactly. if you have one of each race on your team, each player could get all of the possible pact bonuses...at the cost of a billion envoys, and fleet supply.

July 2, 2012 12:41:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Pbhead,

Quoting Coridane, reply 7To share the benefits with all of your allies.

exactly. if you have one of each race on your team, each player could get all of the possible pact bonuses...at the cost of a billion envoys, and fleet supply.

I really don't like choosing between supply pact and armament pact. Both are so awesome.

Armament pact for the Eradica....delicious... how many banks does that thing have to start with? 20?

July 2, 2012 9:26:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Pat_22_,
I really don't like choosing between supply pact and armament pact. Both are so awesome.

I agree. So you would benefit from both. Although, to be fair, maybe subsequent pacts (in my suggestion) should be more expensive.

July 3, 2012 12:12:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Play TEC and have a Vasari ally, or vice versa. If you still want to have an Eradica, that's tough luck. You can still name your units, though... Glad I could help.

July 3, 2012 7:06:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting vyolin,
Play TEC and have a Vasari ally, or vice versa.

That's pretty much what we do. When there are four of us allied, the TEC and Vasari players trade pacts, and the other TEC and Advent trade pacts. It works great.

July 3, 2012 9:29:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quick question. If you have a team that includes one VL and one VR and they give each other their phase pacts does that mean that all the allies can use the phase network of the VL or still only the VR.

July 4, 2012 4:48:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Phase Network sharing is tied to being allied with a Vasari Rebel with the appropriate tech. No pacts involved.

October 18, 2013 7:04:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

where would one go to mod this? I have looked all over and can't seem to find anything about it   

October 18, 2013 7:22:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Co0lBre3ze,

where would one go to mod this? I have looked all over and can't seem to find anything about it   

That is because this is something you can't mod. The pact system is sadly pretty hard coded. You can change what they do quite easily or the relationship level required, but you can't increase the number of pacts, allow multiple players to share pacts or really change how they work.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000390   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+