Stardock

[BUG] - Only 1 Vasari SB works at the sun

By on July 1, 2012 12:00:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Howdidudothat

Join Date 04/2008
+34

The sun should allow 4, but you can only jump one there, and if more than one are build int he suns grav well, then the rest don't work.

18 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 1, 2012 9:21:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I just barely noticed the same problem and came on the forum no less to post about it. Uggggh, I really wish the developers would've postponed the release date and fixed at least a few more of these issues before ending the beta

July 1, 2012 11:17:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

July 2, 2012 4:30:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sorry, how is this a troll post?

July 2, 2012 4:35:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Jumping Orkies is OP enough, and now you want to make it more OP?  TROLLLLLL...

In all seriousness, this may actually be a bug...or it may have been intended since the things are already so damn powerful...you'd really have to get a dev response on it....

That being said, I just find it funny because even if it is a bug, it's probably for the best...

I'd be more concerned with modded versions than with vanilla...I can see some people wanting a modded faction that can both jump SBs and have multiple SBs in gravity wells, and this could screw things up real nice...

July 2, 2012 8:46:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

How is it fair that all other races get 4 SBs at the sun, but vasari don't?  Beyond that, I really can care less about jumping orkies, but I want the original functionality to return.

July 3, 2012 10:05:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Heh, I ordered up about 42 useless squadrons before I noticed this was happening.

Then, I forgot and wasted 3 more.

Now I decide on a per-map basis whether or not to tech it.

Quoting Seleuceia,
Jumping Orkies is OP enough, and now you want to make it more OP?  TROLLLLLL...

In all seriousness, this may actually be a bug...or it may have been intended since the things are already so damn powerful...you'd really have to get a dev response on it....

That being said, I just find it funny because even if it is a bug, it's probably for the best...

I'd be more concerned with modded versions than with vanilla...I can see some people wanting a modded faction that can both jump SBs and have multiple SBs in gravity wells, and this could screw things up real nice...

+.5, this is relevant to my interests.

July 3, 2012 10:38:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Howdidudothat,
How is it fair that all other races get 4 SBs at the sun, but vasari don't? Beyond that, I really can care less about jumping orkies, but I want the original functionality to return.

It's not fair, but like I said, it may actually be intentional, idk...the devs are complicated people...they live in their own plane of existence...

July 4, 2012 2:58:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It seems a bug atm, but with apathy will become a feature.  Keep hounding them Howdidudothat

July 4, 2012 4:28:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

How, make sure to bump this on Monday...apparently this "holiday week" means the devs aren't going to be reading much of anything....

July 7, 2012 11:00:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hmmm, ok

July 7, 2012 11:06:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Is this only for Vasari-R? Or for the Loyalist to? If it doesn't allow it for the Loyalist that is stupid. But rebels I think its a fair tradeoff.

July 8, 2012 8:29:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Next version of Rebalanced Races will have a semi-fix to this in it.  The conditions under which something can jump unfortunately are hard-coded so if you already have a starbase there, you can't jump in another, but I have made it so that each one constructed there wiill be functional.

This really is an annoying quirk of the game...

July 8, 2012 6:56:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I reported this bug way back 4th day into Vasari beta and got no answer either.

July 8, 2012 8:42:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

VR and VL are affected.  I just confirmed.

July 8, 2012 9:26:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The biggest problem is that you can't jump in an SB to bring up the total to 4...I can maybe understand it being intentional that only one of the 4 work, but that you can't even jump in 4 (you have to build them there) is clearly unintentional....

July 9, 2012 5:45:25 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I think this is a bug and presently no work around is able to be done, hence the silence from the Dev's otherwise it would be a case of "Hey guys, we know of this issue and we are going to fix it" it seems odd they haven't even commented on it at all when it is a pretty serious bug in multi-star maps. Not even a "Hey we have flagged it for Ironclad"...

July 9, 2012 6:02:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Devs are silent cause it's holiday week...

July 9, 2012 4:26:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Bump, holiday is over.  Back to work!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000516   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+