Stardock

VL is now (maybe) leagal to play in MP, VR stay still banned.

Orkulus rex got no nerfs at all.

By on June 29, 2012 9:26:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Cpt_Siddy

Join Date 02/2008
+11

Also, good job on corvette nerfs.

Discuss.

52 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 29, 2012 9:47:14 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Stripped to the Core is toned down to normal levels as is Nano-Leech so that is fine for the most part. Jumping Orkies haven't been touched (I am looking at you, Phase Destabilization!), so going against a VR at Tier 8 military is still like hitting a train.

Apart from this both their Titans have been severely buffed in terms of damage, I still would not want to go against either of them. 

June 29, 2012 10:00:34 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Vasari Loyals

While strip rush is path in right direction combined with returning armada it still gets you big fleets for cheap money.

Vasari Rebel after patch:

• Titan while still gets massive repair rates in big fights if you attack him with selected frigates it will die.
  • SB phase jumping ability is not tied to number of labs you own. And destabilization doesn't work on itself. I think when jumping is tied to 8 military labs that need to be build and destabilization works on itself it will go far towards balancing the race. Only problem afterwards will be amount of SB you can build with 0 fleet supply.
June 29, 2012 10:16:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Greg30007,

Titan while still gets massive repair rates in big fights if you attack him with selected frigates it will die.
SB phase jumping ability is not tied to number of labs you own. And destabilization doesn't work on itself. I think when jumping is tied to 8 military labs that need to be build and destabilization works on itself it will go far towards balancing the race. Only problem afterwards will be amount of SB you can build with 0 fleet supply.

1. Nano-leech: Not ever should you attack the Kultorask with frigates, now even less so. Take capitals instead so it can't heal and now the poor buggers don't lose their antimatter anymore, too. That thing could keep any ship indefinitely drained...

2. SB jumping is a t8 military research already.

3. Destabilization is dealing damage instead of flatout removing hull so it is mitigated by armor. A Orkulus at the desirable level of defensive upgrades takes only around 15% damage instead which is easily regenerated by the time its shields go down.

4. I would prefer any solution that makes you chose between mobility and maximum combat capability over any sort of debuff/fleet supply solution. 

June 29, 2012 11:03:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Also, minidumps are back.

June 29, 2012 11:13:53 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

yay! minidumps! sins is not complete with out them!

They fixed one dump... the epic game exit dump is still unfixed though, and it never was fixed... but is this a new dump? be more specific if you can would be nice.

June 29, 2012 11:21:34 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting vyolin,

1. Nano-leech: Not ever should you attack the Kultorask with frigates, now even less so. Take capitals instead so it can't heal and now the poor buggers don't lose their antimatter anymore, too. That thing could keep any ship indefinitely drained...

2. SB jumping is a t8 military research already.

3. Destabilization is dealing damage instead of flatout removing hull so it is mitigated by armor. A Orkulus at the desirable level of defensive upgrades takes only around 15% damage instead which is easily regenerated by the time its shields go down.

4. I would prefer any solution that makes you chose between mobility and maximum combat capability over any sort of debuff/fleet supply solution. 

I give you the benefit of doubt that you are trolling and not just colossally stupid.

1. If wasari can have infinitely scaling nanoleach, can i has infinitely scaling malice back plox nao?

Irony is, ofcourse, that this titan is least of the unbalances. Comparing to orkulus rex, this seems balanced and tame...

...Which leads me to the point number2.

t8 non prerequisite military tech that can be rushed in 15 min or under depending how lucky you are with neutrals.

Mind you i can start building starbase as at t2 to guard my arse, and upgrade it as i build up labs and scout rush the fuck out of neutrals.  Then at t8 *BING*, it magically turns from beefy de-ffencive weapon to o-ffensive weapon comparable to lvl 6 titan. Can you spot the imbalance here or do i need to color it pink for you using the crayons you have up your nose?

Oh, and pray tell me, what is the "solution" that can balance out something that can be build at every gravity well without any fleet support, and then move around? What is acceptable trade off from "mobility" that you pay in firepower?

How far you need to nerf something that can be crapped out en masse for no upkeep cost penalties to the vasari spamming them?

I have played games as vasari where i had lvl 1 fleet, eco spot with best eco in map and still was fielding more firepower on field than any one who had maxed fleet upgrades...

This thing starts unbalanced, but it also scales to infinity so yeah. How do you balance something that scales to infinity?

June 29, 2012 11:42:45 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I havent tested new patch yet, how effective was corvette nerf?

June 29, 2012 11:49:22 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Mecha-Lenin,

Havent played against really skilled yet but so far it seems that are useful in first 10 min or as harassment ....... 

June 29, 2012 11:52:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting vyolin,

OK I will have titan and you can have 16 capitals..... Oh I forgot to say I will also bring 100 assailants and 20 overseers to the party ....

June 29, 2012 11:55:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Mecha-Lenin,

they are useless

June 29, 2012 12:02:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Cpt_Siddy,

Quoting Mecha-Lenin, reply 8I havent tested new patch yet, how effective was corvette nerf?

they are useless

YESSS... eekhm

June 29, 2012 12:11:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

What about Orkulus could only jump while not upgraded?
The only advantage over vanilla would then obviously be the build time others do need for a starbase at a foreign planet.

Then replace Assault Deployment with another Tech... dunno what.

June 29, 2012 12:18:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Corvettes can still be massed to counter LRF's but after that they are pretty useless.

June 29, 2012 12:32:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Pbhead,
They fixed one dump... the epic game exit dump is still unfixed though, and it never was fixed... but is this a new dump? be more specific if you can would be nice.
The new minidumps happen to me when I launch the game. It just instantly minidumps. At other times it all works fine though. Bit strange..

June 29, 2012 1:03:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Teun-A-Roonius,
The new minidumps happen to me when I launch the game. It just instantly minidumps. At other times it all works fine though. Bit strange..

I've noticed this as well...royal pain in the ass for modding...sometimes no errors everything fine, other times minidump, and I don't know if it's my mod or Sins....

June 29, 2012 1:54:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Cpt_Siddy,

I give you the benefit of doubt that you are trolling and not just colossally stupid.

Much appreciated. Concerning Nano-Leech: All I said was that now you at least don't have to move any capital ships away from this thing in addition to any frigates, since the poor guys may now keep their antimattter. I did not say that Nano-Leech is balanced whatsoever.

Concerning the Orkulus: I am 100% with you that the Orkulus in its current state is unbearable due to the effect that its numbers are limited by the number of grav wells only. Though, if you would add a fleet supply cost to it this would make it inherently inferior to the other star bases since you imposed an constraint on it that the others are lacking. So the imho more elegant solution would be to ensure that a jumping Orky constantly has significantly lower combat capability than its traditional counterpart. 

Thus I would encourage tieing its jumping ability to a multi-tiered upgrade so that you have to choose between the combat upgrades in full extent or less combat upgrades plus mobility upgrade. 

I hope this sounds more reasonable to you than the last post which wasn't directed at you to begin with. 

EDIT: To pack in some numbers: Make Starbase Mobility require 5 upgrade slots. This would reduce the amount of combat upgrades significantly.

June 29, 2012 2:27:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Cpt_Siddy,
Oh, and pray tell me, what is the "solution" that can balance out something that can be build at every gravity well without any fleet support, and then move around? What is acceptable trade off from "mobility" that you pay in firepower?

Maybe the only ships VR should be able to build are envoys, scouts, and migrators...

Well, I guess they probably need construction frigates too...

June 29, 2012 2:44:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Cpt_Siddy,

Quoting Mecha-Lenin, reply 8I havent tested new patch yet, how effective was corvette nerf?

they are useless

Well they are finally going to get their own damage type in the next patch, so at least then they can be altered without screwing everything else up. But yes, capitalships, planet modules and light frigates should all be much better against them. There secondary abilities will now matter a bit more though.

June 29, 2012 3:47:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
Well they are finally going to get their own damage type in the next patch, so at least then they can be altered without screwing everything else up. But yes, capitalships, planet modules and light frigates should all be much better against them. There secondary abilities will now matter a bit more though.

Insider info....sssshhhh....

June 29, 2012 5:14:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,
Insider info....sssshhhh....

Nope, I just repeat everything Yarlen says on the forums. Did you miss the memo?

Quoting Yarlen,
Corvettes will be getting their own weapon damage type. Jumping starbases is a work-in-progress. We'll see what happens with v1.03, but they'll be getting a weapon debuff on entering a new gravity well most likely. STTC - at a minimum we'll be increasing the amount of time it takes to scuttle a planet, so VL players can't just go crazy scuttling stuff in 30 seconds all over.

June 29, 2012 5:27:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Cpt_Siddy,

they are useless

Now, now, they have their uses. kekekekeke

June 30, 2012 4:17:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ColBBQ,
Quoting Cpt_Siddy, reply 11Quoting Mecha-Lenin, reply 8I havent tested new patch yet, how effective was corvette nerf?

they are useless

Now, now, they have their uses. kekekekeke

I second

June 30, 2012 8:13:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I predict it won't be long before VL is banned again based on how I saw them used online.

I'm thinking stripping should be affected by fleet upkeep.

June 30, 2012 12:59:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
Nope, I just repeat everything Yarlen says on the forums. Did you miss the memo?

You know I don't get those...and if I did, I'd ignore them...memos are sooo mainstream...

June 30, 2012 1:40:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,
I predict it won't be long before VL is banned again based on how I saw them used online.

I'm thinking stripping should be affected by fleet upkeep.

Personally i think you didn't see shit..infact you aint seen nothing yet. Please don't take this the wrong way.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000750   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+