Stardock

object dock dual monitor problem

By on June 24, 2012 8:18:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

hangdawg

Join Date 01/2010
+8

hi i was using object dock free  but i do have the pro version  but  using 2 monitors  when i enable  the secondary monitor   with  ultramon  it acts funny like missing pieces of desktop background   but if i log off then back on it fixes it   so i  un-installed objectdock  and installed rocket dock and no problems    by  the way im using   windows  7  64  bit    just wondering if theres a way to fix this   thanks

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 24, 2012 9:33:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I know this may not help. But I use 3 monitors with Display Fusion and Object Dock Plus with no problems. Ultramon is good, maybe try DisplayFusion?

June 24, 2012 10:57:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

yeah ive tried display fusion works good  but no easy way of enabling or disabling the second monitor   maybe with setting a profile  but i havent tried  seems way over complicated for such a  simple   task   that ultra mon does so easy in its right click  menu    thanks for replying   

but  i will probably just stick with rocket dock  

June 24, 2012 11:10:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Sure there is. Right click the systray icon, choose Monitor Configuration.

June 25, 2012 11:22:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I have Win 7 64 and two monitors, absolutely no problems. The only thing I have problems with are two DesktopX Widgets (this is a problem with their creation) that hide when I shut down my main monitor for a while. Object dock is not a problem. I took off Fusion and Ultramon as they were not worth the hassle. Everything works as advertised, why mess with it?

June 27, 2012 12:29:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

yeah it only happens when i enable the second monitor   objectdock acts weird  but i log off then back on and that fixes it   i dont run the second monitor until i have to 

June 27, 2012 11:39:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What I find annoying is this:

If I load OD and then click in an adjacent monitor before OD is fully loaded, some of the docks end up in that clicked monitor. Rather than where I want them.

June 27, 2012 9:31:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

yeah i found a solution i re-installed objectdock  and also  actual multiple  monitors      http://www.actualtools.com/multiplemonitors/

now objectdock  works perfectly   just have a slight problem with firefox 13.01 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000282   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+