Stardock

Raging Amish plays sins of a solar empire Replay

By on June 20, 2012 1:45:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Pbhead

Join Date 12/2008
+62

If you are a newbie, and want to get good at sins, watch this replay, and copy what raging amish does. He is one of the best players on sins.  I beat him in eco at the end there though. hehe

wasnt totally fair though, I had pervasive econ, and he was advent.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36550973/RagingAmish%20Plays%20Sins.recordreb

Its a good game to. I totally sniped a titan while it was building, 85% done, a suicide spot didnt die, the first person to build a titan was in eco spot, and got it off of two planets. I finished my titan, after defeating one player completely, about 3 min later... so titan rushing doesnt seem to be a very viable stratigy.

good times were had by all. and lag. lots of lag. and dropping. but good times.

A good game to cast if that casting guy ever wants to do that casting thing.

13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 20, 2012 7:08:27 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Lol.  My game with him (which I think was actually his first game of Rebellion) was hilarious and still very impressive.  My ally was a noob that knew how to expand and build units, but not counters or how to fight so throughout the entire game, I was feeding him and coaching him how to beat back the massive waves of units Amish was throwing at him without even knowing what damageTypes things were.

It really was quite impressive to watch though..  A guy that's so good at previous installments that despite having not played with the new stuff which counters the old stuff still does incredibly well.  The only reason we beat him was because I caused his ally to ragequit when he brought his Vorastra within range of my Orky and Phase Missile Turret (I love that thing's passive) and the fact that I was ultimately able to redirect forces before my ally fell.  It was close though..  When I finally managed to get over to my ally, he was on his last planet before his homeworld and losing.

Good game but wouldn't have been nearly so far in our favor if his ally hadn't quit and if Amish had actually played Rebellion prior to that.

I wish I had a record of that game...

June 20, 2012 9:51:47 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Believe me, I'm flattered, but there are plenty of folks out there who are better than me.

I'm still looking for an early game answer to the corvette spam. I don't like fighting rock with rock, and flak only works to a point. With time, we'll figure something out.

June 20, 2012 10:24:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Raging Amish,
Believe me, I'm flattered, but there are plenty of folks out there who are better than me.

I'm still looking for an early game answer to the corvette spam. I don't like fighting rock with rock, and flak only works to a point. With time, we'll figure something out.

use the discord or corsev.  both have decent "crowd control" abilities.  the discord is a perfect combo with flak becuase it's fracture ability not only removes armor for a good duration on enemy ships for a low AM cost, it's other abilities do more damage when a group is affected with fracture.

June 20, 2012 10:48:01 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I find flack to be an extremely hard counter to corvettes. the corvettes can have double the supply, and the flack will still win.

June 20, 2012 11:41:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Pbhead,
I find flack to be an extremely hard counter to corvettes. the corvettes can have double the supply, and the flack will still win.

The issue isn't the DPS or damage tables...it's the speed...I think you know that though...

June 20, 2012 12:03:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

yes... but. still... take a look at lrm and lf

LRM move at 500.

Lf move at 825

lrm still managed to preety hard counter LF.

Flack move at 700

Corvettes move at 900.

its not the speed, its the acceleration.

and besides. point to what i was saying is, even if you have to split your flack up into two groups to deal with maurading bands of corvettes, even though each group is at half fleet supply of the corvettes, it will still beat all of the corvettes.

June 20, 2012 12:37:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

LRFs have a big range advantage over LFs, so they could still get them into range. Corvettes also have their crazy attack pattern, while LFs have to be a little still to fire. :/

I just downloaded this replay and can't wait to watch. I've only played against Amish a few times years back, so it's great to see him again!

June 20, 2012 4:47:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So, I watched the replay. Honestly, that 5v5 was really jacked up. The other team got completely screwed by Yellow. Also, your guy's green ally was completely awful; he only had his HW for the first half-hour of the game, and never upgraded his planets. I was cringing just watching him. He had one of the best trade routes I've seen of any random match- eight planets in a line, most of them deserts. And he completely ignored it!

Otherwise, it was really fun watching Pbhead and Amish take out their enemies. If the Green and Yellow players were shifted out, it would have been a far more interesting match.

June 24, 2012 11:36:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I take it this was a vasari-banned game?  And then to cap it off, nobody picks the TEC or Advent loyalists.  Rather funny.

June 24, 2012 3:17:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Tohron,
I take it this was a vasari-banned game?  And then to cap it off, nobody picks the TEC or Advent loyalists.  Rather funny.

Everybody wants to eradicate or snipe their opponent. No defensive assaults in this replay.. 

June 25, 2012 1:07:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm fairly noob and have been wanting to switch from TEC Rebel to Advent, so thanks for this replay. Here are my notes from watching the replay. Obviously I know that different situations call for different builds, but I have no idea what counters what just yet so this will be a good starting point for me until I can learn the game a bit better.

start build:
build 2x seeker vessels
build 1x temple of hostility
build prog mom
scuttle capital ship facility
build disciples (and get supply upgrade)
research vespa corvette
build vespa corvettes @10 disciples

later:
research defense vessel @ 22 mins
research shields @ 23 mins
cap ship facility rebuild @ 30~ mins
second cap = rev battlecruiser
5~ purge vessels to siege planets
research protection of the unity @ 40~ mins
trade ports @ 44~ mins
titan research @ 1 hour~
in the extreme lategame upgrade econ, max populations, max allegiances, etc

notes:
- forward frig factories for assaults
- temple of communion if enemies spread culture, and destroy theirs
- focus enemy frig factory on homeworld assaults
- repair platforms for forward attacks
- if there are free planets in the mid-late game then take them with missionary vessels and corvs
- build more frig factories later in the game, try to keep resources as low as possible (macro up s0n)
- for team games get overtures to feed allies
- take advantage of wormholes
- late game unit comp = vespas, defense vessels & small amountof disciples

prog build: colonise -> shield regen -> shield regen -> colonise -> shield regen
rev bc build: reverie -> clairvoy -> reverie -> clairvoy -> guidance
titan build: chastic blast -> ?

Like I said, I'm pretty bad at the game so I'm probably reading things wrong and I don't fully understand the reasoning behind everything, but this is what I could deduce. If anything is wrong feel free to correct me

July 2, 2012 5:24:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Noob question here...how do I watch this replay? Do I need to move it into a certain folder after downloading?

July 2, 2012 6:02:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

There is a folder called "Record-Multiplayer" that's in the My Documents/My Games location part of Sins...put it in there....

IIRC, once you have Sins running you will need to go to singleplayer, then watch...you may have to change the location (buttons near the bottom middle) so that it shows the multiplayer replays...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000750   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+