Stardock

[0.915] Quest Map Shop Item sometimes produces inactive quest tiles when quests are repeated. Also: SUBMIT YOUR QUESTS! =)

By on June 17, 2012 6:12:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

StevenAus

Join Date 06/2010
+106

When a quest/quest combination has already been done, if the quest map produces one of these an inactive tile is produced.  However, the one with Hainen the Fire Disciple can be repeated, and so can the one where you have to side with a mob or the disciples, but siding with the disciples produces a different result each time.

You need to prevent the Quest Map producing inactive Quest tiles, and add more quests.  Maybe also change the Quest Map item to be associated with Wanderlust rather than Heroic - Heroic is already powerful enough as is, with Henchmen, double experience bonus for quests, +50 Influence and +1 Faction Prestige for completing a quest.  It doesn't need to be able to create quests too.  Plus, I think Wanderlust suits better for creating quests, because they are always wandering around and find quests that others miss.

Also guys, submit your quest ideas and hopefully Derek will use some of them!

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 24, 2012 1:52:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Devs, were you able to reproduce the inactive Quest Map-spawned Quest tiles?

June 25, 2012 12:36:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have a save with inactive tiles (even after reloading) I can submit, if it helps, and if I can get the hang of this dropbox thingy.

I also got the mob/disciples one for the first time, I loved it, more like this please! Will be brainstorming ideas, it's too early where I am right now to think straight.

EDIT: I've been lucky in this game in quest/roleplaying terms - I've also had the Assassin's Blade and Injured Wolf quests, both of which I like because of the moral choice element. Even better, my main champion was defending the disciples from the mob at the same time as my sovereign was on his way to kill an innocent old man in order to get a better sword. Man, it's going to be an interesting conversation when those two compare notes...

June 25, 2012 2:14:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, that would be great if you could post a link to your save file in your Dropbox Public directory.  Provided it was a non-modded game, of course.

June 25, 2012 10:06:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

OK, the save is here. The broken quest tile is next to the champion Fairgenn, third down on the parties list.

EDIT: Another here, with three broken tiles - or at least, the two new ones were broken at spawning, I didn't reload, but figure it might be helpful to have more up than just the one! Two are near Fairgenn, the other near my second city.

June 26, 2012 2:30:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Devs, can you please have a look at this thread, and at MisterAedan's save?  And it would be great if you collected some new quests from players -  not necessarily a competition, just making it so we have so many good quests that you need to do something like 30 (or 40? <grin>) Quest Maps before there are any repeats (branches like the Kainen = Confusion and Kainen = Death Demon to fight would count as separate quests).

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000484   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+