Stardock

High Resolution Settings Cause Minidump

By on June 16, 2012 10:57:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

NHD-151

Join Date 12/2008
+5

I keep trying to put my settings to 1920x1080, my screen's native resolution, but i continuously get a minidump whenever i accept the settings, so i have to use 1600x900. Anybody know a fix to get it up to the higher resolution?

9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 16, 2012 4:22:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

A new version of TSOP?..... Seriously, try bumping down the shadows, and effects a bit before setting the res. Ether that, or Rebellion might not be able to support that res. Anyone else having trouble?

June 16, 2012 11:15:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I seem to remember another person who was having troubles with really high resolution settings during the beta, but i dont know if they fixed their problem. I tried setting the resolution to the highest just after it updated and all settings went to default. I can try putting all settings down to lowest before i try the res change, but it might be the game not supporting them.

Though as i just thought of it, i have to disable my NVidia high perf. card and go to my integrated chip in order to play rebellion, as the NVidia chip makes it minidump on start, so it could be that the integrated as preferred doesnt support the high res.

June 17, 2012 12:06:05 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Major Stress,
A new version of TSOP?..... Seriously, try bumping down the shadows, and effects a bit before setting the res. Ether that, or Rebellion might not be able to support that res. Anyone else having trouble?

Nope, I run 1920x1080 on my 40' screen just fine.

Quoting NHD-151,
Though as i just thought of it, i have to disable my NVidia high perf. card and go to my integrated chip in order to play rebellion, as the NVidia chip makes it minidump on start, so it could be that the integrated as preferred doesnt support the high res.

That maybe the issue.

June 17, 2012 1:31:23 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

nVidia cards are known to have issues with Sins... Odds are you have to update or roll back your drivers.

June 17, 2012 1:45:22 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Lavo_2,
nVidia cards are known to have issues with Sins... Odds are you have to update or roll back your drivers.

I'm rocking a 1gb GeForce GTX 560 Ti at 1920x1080 on max graphics without any issues (running driver version 295.73 which has been stable with Sins, BF3, & Skyrim).

June 17, 2012 3:00:14 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It's definitely a driver issue. I'm using a GeForce 580 in Windows 8 and I had no trouble running Sins for several hours on release day. I upgraded my drivers on Friday and when I went back to play Sins, I get a mini-dump when I try and switch my resolution back up to 19x10. I tried rolling my driver back and it still won't launch.

Weak.

June 17, 2012 4:13:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SeditiousJerk,
I tried rolling my driver back and it still won't launch.

Rolling back often has issues. This was severely highlighted with Bf3 driver problems. You need to completely uninstall and scrub the driver from your system (I believe nVidia has information on how to do this as they provide the tools to do this when you upgrade), restart, verify, and then install the older driver.

June 17, 2012 8:00:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I haven't had any issues on a 7970 3gb, Running at 2560 x 1440 on full spec graphics and played well over 100 hours during the beta. Sins looks damn awesome at that resolution. For the most part its been running nice and smooth apart from the occasional bit of lag / stutter in multiplayer games

February 1, 2013 5:16:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

when i try to change resolution or other graphic options i get the minidump fail 2... 

SOLVED 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000625   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+