Stardock.com ‚Äč

Whats chasing the Vasari?!

By on June 12, 2012 10:06:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Shamrock1232

Join Date 07/2008
+5

So, now that the game is out. Anyone figure out whats chasing?

If you do, but dont want to publicly say it, PLEASE message me?!

22 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 12, 2012 10:20:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

June 12, 2012 10:29:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You, Ryat, are a terrible terrible person, and a troll.

June 13, 2012 12:44:05 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ryat,
http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/306542/page/2

Just saying.

I didn't know that you're a comedian.

June 13, 2012 12:53:52 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Shamrock1232,
I didn't know that you're a comedian.

I'm not. Blair is.

June 13, 2012 11:42:44 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ryat,

Quoting Shamrock1232, reply 5I didn't know that you're a comedian.

I'm not. Blair is.

But

But

But

Troll = funny

funny = obvious comedian.

That makes you a comedian, and Blair a troll.

June 13, 2012 11:54:01 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

My personal theory, though probably not accurate, is some form of Cybernetic created by the Vasari, something similar to the Cylons or Geth. I reckon the cybernetics just got a bit irritated with them and are now chasing them down destroying everything in their path.

Still hopefully if we get another expansion it will add whoever they are as a 4th race/incredibly powerful non-playable race in a co-op mode.

Also the care bear thing was awesome. 

June 13, 2012 11:59:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And this is the point where the devs are thinking "Well shit, now we actually have to determine what this enemy is after all the hype we've created"...

June 13, 2012 1:49:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Intentional Imbiguity especially regarding narrative theory.

Just putting it out there. They know what they're doing

June 13, 2012 4:17:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting RastaBadger,
My personal theory, though probably not accurate, is some form of Cybernetic created by the Vasari, something similar to the Cylons or Geth. I reckon the cybernetics just got a bit irritated with them and are now chasing them down destroying everything in their path.

Still hopefully if we get another expansion it will add whoever they are as a 4th race/incredibly powerful non-playable race in a co-op mode.

Also the care bear thing was awesome. 

Skynet?! Quick! Call Arnold Schwarzenegger!

Quoting Seleuceia,
And this is the point where the devs are thinking "Well shit, now we actually have to determine what this enemy is after all the hype we've created"...

Those lazy jerks. :/

Quoting HarryMcGrath,
Intentional Imbiguity especially regarding narrative theory.

Just putting it out there. They know what they're doing

Sure they do.

June 13, 2012 4:20:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

In my game its the Vasari Loyaists. T.T

June 13, 2012 4:41:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The vasari are chasing themselves....? They can't beat...their own ships? 

June 13, 2012 4:51:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

They caught and did experiments on the ambiguously gay dual and now they, the dual, are hunting down every last Vasari and doing really wrong things to them and won't stop until they had them all....

June 13, 2012 5:02:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The truth:

In the days of 96th emperor, the Vasari would amass great defences of Orkies at their occupied worlds...this "shock and awe" was impressive, cowing the conquered into submission...and the Space Ponies looked upon this, and saw that it was good...

But the Vasari, bound in their pride, attempted a feat of arrogance...the 96th emperor unfolded a bold plan to build infinite Orkies, and the billions of slaves set out to work...many emperors passed, with each passing resulting in more and more arrogance throughout the empire...when the 101st emperor claimed the Vasari could achieve the power of the Space Ponies, a reckoning was sent forth...

In their great wisdom and justice, the Space Ponies decreed that only one Orky would be allowed per gravity well, and any attempts to violate this divine command would result in retribution...urged by the 101st emperor, the Vasari ignored the warning issued by the Space Ponies, and continued amassing their large armada of Orkies...

So the Space Ponies let justice fall upon the Vasari, and all Orkies violating the Rule of One were turned against their creators...and now the prideful Vasari run in fear from their shameful audacity...

June 13, 2012 11:00:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,
The truth:

In the days of 96th emperor, the Vasari would amass great defences of Orkies at their occupied worlds...this "shock and awe" was impressive, cowing the conquered into submission...and the Space Ponies looked upon this, and saw that it was good...

But the Vasari, bound in their pride, attempted a feat of arrogance...the 96th emperor unfolded a bold plan to build infinite Orkies, and the billions of slaves set out to work...many emperors passed, with each passing resulting in more and more arrogance throughout the empire...when the 101st emperor claimed the Vasari could achieve the power of the Space Ponies, a reckoning was sent forth...

In their great wisdom and justice, the Space Ponies decreed that only one Orky would be allowed per gravity well, and any attempts to violate this divine command would result in retribution...urged by the 101st emperor, the Vasari ignored the warning issued by the Space Ponies, and continued amassing their large armada of Orkies...

So the Space Ponies let justice fall upon the Vasari, and all Orkies violating the Rule of One were turned against their creators...and now the prideful Vasari run in fear from their shameful audacity...

Terrible person. >.>

June 13, 2012 11:03:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Care Bears

Nough said

(now I am trolling)

June 13, 2012 11:10:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ryat,
Care Bears

Nough said

(now I am trolling)

June 14, 2012 1:05:55 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I always assumed it's some secret nano tech creation gone terribly wrong. 

June 14, 2012 2:51:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting OddskiBoddski,
The vasari are chasing themselves....? They can't beat...their own ships? 
Stupid AIs keep ganging up on me, first one AI attacks my planet. So I go and chase them off, and before I can rebuild any destroyed ships/structures....another stupid AI attacks another one of my planets! T.T

They keep doing this constantly, its annoying. >.>

EDIT: Oh yeah, and apparently every opponent throws bounty on me and then pirates attack. :/

June 14, 2012 8:45:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ITS THE ZERG THEY'RE EVERY WHERE.... *cough* Couldn't help it.

Hey maybe its the reapers. New title for the next expansive pack THE SECOND COMING OF SQUIDS.

I think what ever is chasing them has just gone "screw it we'll let them go" lol cause if they haven't caught up by now then what are they doing having a lunch break, for a so called powerful race chasing them, there taking there time getting here. Scenic route maybe?

June 14, 2012 12:25:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It's me.  I'm the one chasing the Vasari. 

June 14, 2012 12:34:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Bear Calvary ... or nano-something or others. Just saying.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+