Stardock.com ​

Bought on Impulse/Gamstop, feel RIPPED off..

By on June 12, 2012 9:03:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Baleurion

Join Date 02/2006
+10

First off, I despise Gamestop for their practices in their physical stores, let's not go into it deeper, just saying that it depends alot on how they used to treat the publishers and devs, issuing embargoes and other nonsense that delayed releases on digital media or even raised the price due to Gamestop forcing publishers to give them the better deal so they could stay competitive.

So you can understand that i do not ever want to give a single penny to them, right?
Now, I do want to support these devs, and when I saw that it was released as i was loading up the awful Impulse client to check for updates on the main game, I simply had to get it.
I already owned the previous game / expansions on Impulse before it was taken over by Gamestop, so I thought what the hell, at least most of it will go to the devs and i'll have the games focused in one area.
(I should have read up that it already includes all from Trinity, oh well)

Now, so i bought it on Impulse/Gamestop due to that, I gave those slimey fks my money and what do they give me? A .html link as the game installation, redirecting me to Steam!! If i had known it was only on steam i would have happily bought it on steam instead and rather given Steam the cut, not Gamestop.
This is absolutely ridiculous, I feel cheated off my money. I feel like Gamestop literally decieved me to get their own cut of the sale, while it still is a game on steam. Like they reached their paws in my wallet while knowing full well i could just have gone to steam instead of the long way around to give them their undeserved cut. Disgusting!

Can i get a refund from Impulse and just re-purchase it on Steam instead?

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 12, 2012 9:14:39 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The Impulse store page does indicate that the game requires Steam.

If you purchased from GameStop, any refund requests would need to be directed to GameStop. We can't refund purchases made through third-party outlets.

June 12, 2012 10:14:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well, they probably got a smaller cut than what Steam may have gotten. I would think even though you bought it on Impulse, Steam still gets a bit of the cut because you still have to load the game on the Steam platform.

June 12, 2012 10:39:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I have zero issues with gamestop.  Impulse may have been bought by Gamestop, but that has not made me feel any less satified with the service, and I continue to buy games there.  The primary issue with me is price and game selection, and as long as Gamestop/Impulse has those two things working for them, I'll keep getting games there.

I find it somewhat baffling the amount of passion folks have with this issue.  If Gamestop has a product I want at a price I am willing to pay, I'll buy from them.

June 12, 2012 10:46:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Let this be a lesson for all of you kids! This is a perfect example of what could happen when you don't look around the interwebs before making a purchase.

What's with all the forum ads by the way? Now I have to install Adblock Plus on Chrome.... Yeez.

June 12, 2012 11:22:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Teun-A-Roonius,
What's with all the forum ads by the way? Now I have to install Adblock Plus on Chrome.... Yeez.

It is a bit much.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+