Stardock.com ‚Äč

A couple of little suggestions

By on June 12, 2012 4:43:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

ChrisMagoun

Join Date 04/2009

I would like to be able to transfer items between champion stacks without having to move the stacks manually -- similarly to Master of Magic. This could come with a cost of mana, or gold and perhaps a delay, or a chance of the item being lost.

On a related note, it would be pretty cool to be able to trade items as part of a diplomacy offering. I figure that the base value of an item could be similar to its sale value, but there could be a significant bonus if the AI player was "interested" in the artifact. (He could use it and it was better than his current equipment.)

The option to show yields on tiles should be the default.

Diplomacy in general feels a little weak. I never feel like I am getting anywhere with neighboring empires... I am just marking time and trying to get what I can before going to war. It would be nice to have more diplomatic options. For instance, giving gifts for small relationship boosts, entering into defense pacts, and even trading ownership of nodes (my fire for your death, for instance).

Even large maps feel very small in that you quickly run into other kingdoms. I read somewhere that there were memory issues with larger maps, but if these issues could be solved, larger maps would certainly enhance the game experience.

Turtling seems to be a poor strategy in general. The AI is pretty aggresive with sending pioneers into your territory and declaring war. Though I don't think this is a bad thing, it does make the victory conditions other than "kill everyone" sort of pointless. Perhaps a few more techs and buildings can be devoted to city defense and securing your territory. I could see a tech that allowed you to build an outpost that actively stopped your opponents from walking through without you having to scold them. Or perhaps a tech that greatly reduced the wage of garrisoned troops.

Anyway, FE is turning into a great game. I am very excited for the next beta and the eventual release.

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 13, 2012 10:51:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Good and well thought out. Like your ideas and comments.

June 14, 2012 6:02:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

1: I would like to be able to transfer items between champion stacks without having to move the stacks manually -- similarly to Master of Magic. This could come with a cost of mana, or gold and perhaps a delay, or a chance of the item being lost.

2: On a related note, it would be pretty cool to be able to trade items as part of a diplomacy offering. I figure that the base value of an item could be similar to its sale value, but there could be a significant bonus if the AI player was "interested" in the artifact. (He could use it and it was better than his current equipment.)

1: I was never too fond of the auto-pop magical item movement from master of magic, or age of wonders, it does so all my items are at all places at all times, no real decision of which hero needs to wear the item etc. I would much rather have item carrier units that is trainable with low upkeep.

Also losing an item to a diceroll? thats going to get me very sad.

2: This is a good idea though, if 2 factions are allied they would probably want this, the coding is going to be complicated though, meaby some items vault or only the items I carried into my opponents borders? Meaby putting it into a city vault for heroes to pick up??

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

June 14, 2012 1:20:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

My main issue is that I usually end up with a lot of garbage items not quite good enough for my main champs, but that might be useful for a newly hired champion. Unfortunately, the walk isn't worth it. I would like more items in play and the teleport serves this purpose... and I think encourages more decisions in the long run (and more fun ones). As it stands, mainline champs get all the stuff because they are more likely to have picked it up.

June 14, 2012 2:08:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm all for a spell to teleport items. That gives it a hefty cost to move items, but you can still do it conveniently if you think its wortth it.

Mana cost would scale with item power, so cheap items (those you can't use on the sov) are cheap to get rid of. But you can't teleport around that mighty frost axe of +10 slaying.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+