Stardock

[Suggestion] "General"-type traits only add highest individual bonus to army.

By on May 28, 2012 5:35:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

StevenAus

Join Date 06/2010
+106

Reposted:

Maybe Trainer and other army-wide bonuses, such as Created Units and Monster % Bonus XP, Dodge, Accuracy, Attack, and Defending Defense only choose the highest single bonus from any troop to add to the army.  So Trainer highest experience bonus for troops (which include henchmen) would be 60%, and the bonus applied to all other armies for Dodge, Accuracy, Attack, and Defending Defense would be the one from the hero/henchmen with the highest level.  This would mean the highest dodge (and/or other stats) would be from heroes/henchmen with individual unit artifact bonuses, and the army wide bonuses would only use the highest single bonus.

Max bonus would be:

Trainer 3: +45% XP to Created Units or Monsters in Army

Defender 3: +30 Defense while Defending to Entire Army

Guardian 3: +12 Dodge to Entire Army

Tactician 3: +3 Initiative to Entire Army

Leadership 3: +30 Accuracy to Entire Army

Shieldwall: +5 Defense to Entire Army (if no units/champs have it, no bonus)

Healer (extra healing, I'm not sure how much healer heals per turn, whether it's +1HP, or +1HP per army member, or what) (if no units/champs have it, no bonus) - NOTE: could exempt this one, although for simplicity's sake possibly boost the healing of this trait (if not high enough yet) and only use it once, even if there are multiple healers in the army.

Individual or artifact bonuses could still add to this for the individual unit, but the max of each of the "General-type" bonuses listed here would be the highest skill for each of these in the army (and that doesn't have to be the leader)

Note the General trait (which leaders can have) would stack with Trainer 3, since it is a different trait.

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 28, 2012 10:41:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That is a great suggestion, because it is MUCH easier to balance the game if the ablities do not stack.

May 28, 2012 11:12:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I second that.

Great suggestion!

May 30, 2012 12:56:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

As much as I enjoy laughably OP stacks of doom, I second this.

May 30, 2012 12:58:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Note, just like the Army-wide bonuses already mentioned here, I think it would make sense for the Tireless March spell to only count once for every army too.  So you could cast it on more than one troop, but the max bonus you'd get in the one army would be one Tireless March effect.

May 30, 2012 7:41:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

May 30, 2012 9:56:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just wanted to point out that endurance is a single unit buff. If that affected entire armies... dear lord.

May 31, 2012 3:19:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks.  Just corrected the OP.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000703   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+