Stardock

Is Diplomacy worth it?

By on May 27, 2012 5:41:48 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

mdman1

Join Date 09/2010
+2

I've been playing vanilla sins for the last few years and have recently bought Sins Trinity on retail. I've been having a lot of fun playing endless hours of Entrenchment but whenever I play Diplomacy the game minidumps on me exactly 20 minutes after I start the game or load the file. I'm not sure how to fix this so I wanted to ask, is Diplomacy better than Entrenchment? Does it add to the experience? Are the new diplomatic options worth it?

13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 27, 2012 6:08:36 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I would recommend registering your copy and then updating Trinity to the latest versions, current version of Diplomacy is 1.34.

This is very stable, it is very, very unusual for the game to crash.

The diplomacy aspect comes into its own with larger maps, where there are more factions with more opportunities to form alliances against other faction(s).

It's easier to form alliances with a faction that is the same race as your own (racial inclination), however it is more useful to form alliances with other races as you can share each other's pacts.

These pacts can provide a significant boost to your empire & fleet, so I would say Diplomacy is well worth it.

June 5, 2012 11:47:14 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

No dont buy any of the expansions , wait till rebellion is released as it contains all the previous content and more and does not require any previous games to play.

June 5, 2012 11:53:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

He already bought it. He wants to know how he can make it stop mindumping.

June 5, 2012 11:57:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ryat,
He already bought it. He wants to know how he can make it stop mindumping.

my bad just saw the title be and did a quick reply, but hey no harm done , and register/update the game should solve it, if not try reducing your graphics settings etc

June 24, 2012 7:31:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I got news for you, 1.34 will still minidump, and quite a bit!

June 25, 2012 12:19:51 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Astax,
I got news for you, 1.34 will still minidump, and quite a bit!

Its quite stable for me.

September 21, 2012 10:29:12 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Delete your "Ironclad Games" folder. located in C:\Users\"Your User name"\AppData\Local\. "Your User Name" is the name you use to log into windows.

Be sure to back up any mods, saved games, and screenshots before you do this.

What this will do is delete any old incompatible settings, and config files that could cause problems. When you run the game after deleting the ironclad games folder, Sins will automatically create a new Ironclad Games folder with the correct files and subfolders. You will have to redo your settings, and options, but this should fix your problem. If you still dump then you may want to consider a clean re-install of Sins.

September 21, 2012 11:09:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Major Stress, you necroed! Why???

September 21, 2012 3:43:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,

To cause you.... some Major Stress. 

September 24, 2012 6:40:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,

Because i can Besides there are still some Diplomacy players out there, and this is need to know info.

September 24, 2012 10:22:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Major Stress,

Quoting GoaFan77, reply 9Major Stress, you necroed! Why???

Because i can Besides there are still some Diplomacy players out there, and this is need to know info.

I thought all the Diplomacy only players died.

September 26, 2012 12:12:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The only Diplomacy action is comp stomps.  That's too bad because Diplomacy is better than Rebellion for online multiplayer, IMHO.

November 27, 2012 1:30:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Diplomacy is a great game after you mod out superweapons.  But personally I like Sword of the stars II better.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000688   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+