Stardock

[.915][bugs] growth and shrink

By on May 27, 2012 3:42:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

lhetre

Join Date 12/2003
+3

on this picture two bugs

- my sov cast growth on himself and champion - sov is bigger, but champion is smaller - in .914 the shrinking happened even when sov cast growth on himself

- the River Slag was hit with Skulla's Mace, now its attack is "shrunk" and is negative, this happened all the time during this game

the savegame is downloadable from my other post about the "neverending turn"

12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 27, 2012 5:18:39 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I spotted this bug in my game, though it wasn't consistent,

May 27, 2012 5:30:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

true, it is not consistent - reloaded the game and sov got smaller ...

May 30, 2012 8:15:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I cast shrink on an escaped juggernaut and his attack became zero.  When it was his turn he just stood there for a moment and then passed his turn.  That has been consistent between saves for me.

May 31, 2012 5:35:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The Shrink spell itself works fine, it is just that Shrink cast by Sculla's Mace seems to almost always set attack to that large negative number.

May 31, 2012 11:19:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Had the same problem with almost all of my heroes shrinking in size when I used the growth spell. Couldn't note down why some would actually grow, while others would shrink with this spell.

May 31, 2012 2:01:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think the game currently doesn't have animations for huge units for all types of units and mounts.

June 1, 2012 7:35:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Actually for me it was my sov casting shrink on the juggernaut.  Don't have the mace.  Display showed an attack of zero.  Growth seemed to work fine on Othollo in the same battle.

June 7, 2012 12:29:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

As far as I can tell from my games growth consistantly works fine on foot or horse, but on alternative mounts such as warg, boar or lizard the growth spell actually reduces size.

June 7, 2012 12:33:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think the growth spell shrinking units might be to do with not having larger animations of those mount types.

June 7, 2012 11:16:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm not sure on how unit animation/size are actually done in this game but since the animations themselves are the same I assumed it was merely adjusted with a scale modifier or something and that there is a typo in the data for these particular units

June 7, 2012 11:45:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have to agree, based on my experience with 3d games the size or scale of the unit should have nothing to with animations. If casting on self and casting on other are treated in opposite ways, then maybe its something more substantial than a typo in the xml.

June 9, 2012 6:07:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Necaradan666,

As far as I can tell from my games growth consistantly works fine on foot or horse, but on alternative mounts such as warg, boar or lizard the growth spell actually reduces size.

you seem to be correct, this happened on a warg, never seen happen again on a horse

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+