Stardock

Can't Update Elemental War of Magic because I can't register it.

By on May 20, 2012 2:41:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

ShamanMcLamie

Join Date 09/2008

So I recently decided to re download my physical CD copy of Elemental War of Magic on my PC. When the game starts up it asks me if I want to update it. When I click yes it exits out of the game and takes me to My Games in the Gamestop App. When I click update it tells me...

I have no idea where to register it. I've looked all over the app and gamestops websites and stardocks website. Can someone help me figure this out?

Locked Post 38 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 5, 2012 4:16:02 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

One of my tickets have been deleted and the other have yet to receive a response, this is not what I'm used to from you Stardock. 

December 5, 2012 4:49:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting jonkoehle,
I can't update because it's not registered. I can't register because I don't know where to even though I used the serial key when I first installed.  Please tell me how to update.

Did you email support?  Send us the key and email you are trying to register with.

December 5, 2012 4:56:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting SykoPat,
Could you please look into my tickets?

I first opened a ticket (#HDC-637-90412) on the 14th of Novermber, the ticket have been assigned to a representative, but I have yet to receive a reply.

I opened a new ticket (#XGR-817-47898) on the 27th of November to request a response on my earlier ticket. The second ticket has yet to be assigned to anyone.
Your tickets were merged.

Also, please note that replying to a support ticket before receiving a reply from technical support will reset the activity counter on the ticket. This will move your ticket to the end of our incoming work queue and delay our response. 

December 5, 2012 9:45:18 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

My game is now registered, thank you. 

December 14, 2012 5:26:13 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

And I'm stuck again!

After updating to 1.4 the game wants to register, so I enter my account info and serial (tried both original and the new one you gave me!) and hit register.

A blue circle starts spinning....and spinning.....and spinning some more....

This goes on indefinitely and nothing happens!

Any advice?

January 9, 2013 9:17:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

im having the same problem as the above. i want to play war of magic again because of the mods and dynastis but it just keeps spinning

March 24, 2013 11:38:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting kryo,

You can register retail copies here and download the latest version here after doing so.

Thank you Kryo, I was having the very same problem. I'm really not impressed with GameStop, I don't find it the least bit user-friendly. It spent a couple of hours at least trying to figure how to get my game updated.

PS: So i registered the game through the link you provided but it's not showing as such with GameStop yet. How long does that process usually take?

March 25, 2013 4:48:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

stardock is not connected to stopgame other than as a vendor. did you check your stardock store(https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products)?

harpo

March 27, 2013 9:45:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, I have it all sorted out thanks. I haven't downloaded the game yet but I know where to go at least.

August 21, 2013 11:19:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

so ive got a blue spinning wheel of death, that apparently continues indef. Any Advice?

August 22, 2013 8:12:18 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting gdmofo,

so ive got a blue spinning wheel of death, that apparently continues indef. Any Advice?

Did you install from a fresh download from your account here? https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products

If not, please do that and try to activate again. If you still have trouble, there might be a couple things happening here that we can look into if you send us an email at support@stardock.com

February 24, 2015 7:10:18 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have registered my game and it says that it was successful but when I look at my download list to update it, it is not there.

February 25, 2015 9:41:51 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I've created a ticket for you Crystiliser. You should receive it shortly.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+