Stardock

Can't Update Elemental War of Magic because I can't register it.

By on May 20, 2012 2:41:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

ShamanMcLamie

Join Date 09/2008

So I recently decided to re download my physical CD copy of Elemental War of Magic on my PC. When the game starts up it asks me if I want to update it. When I click yes it exits out of the game and takes me to My Games in the Gamestop App. When I click update it tells me...

I have no idea where to register it. I've looked all over the app and gamestops websites and stardocks website. Can someone help me figure this out?

Locked Post 38 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 20, 2012 7:55:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

you can download the latest update/install for you elemental War on magic from https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products after logging in, and it can also tell you your serial number (assuming you did register it with stardock).

harpo

May 20, 2012 8:14:40 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I found that page and some of my games are in there, but I don't think I registered Elemental with Stardock cause it isn't in there. All I want to know is how to register the thing so I can get the update.

May 20, 2012 11:25:25 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You can register retail copies here and download the latest version here after doing so.

November 5, 2012 3:48:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

where can we register it, there is no "drop down" that is available for Elemental: War of Magic.  I was trying to go through Gamestop like the game wanted me to but nothing but problems so far and the "support" is currently no help.  It is so difficult to find any support for this game.

November 5, 2012 5:12:45 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Elemental is not on the list to choose from.

November 5, 2012 10:16:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It was at the time of that posting--please contact support@stardock.com about this now and they should be able to help. GameStop's support will not be able to do anything as they have discontinued support for registering games not bought from them.

November 7, 2012 1:10:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Here's how I got mine to work.

Install WoM, and install the Impulse game manager.  When you open it up it will prompt you to update to the Gamestop client, DO NOT update.  Instead finish the registration process for WoM.  Once you have it registered, THEN update to WoM 1.4, THEN you can upgrade the gamestop client.  If you already installed WoM, you can UNINSTALL the Gamestop client, and install the Impulse Client from the CD, and then register, update to 1.4, and then re-update to the Gamestop client.

November 7, 2012 4:14:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've been having trouble with Gamestop's Impulse lately. :/  And they haven't answered my e-mail asking them for technical help that I sent over a month ago

November 10, 2012 1:34:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm having the same problem i bought my copy when it first came out from wall mart but over time my computer has had to be redid, and i have replaced my computer twice since then and from that time i had forgotten the email i used when i registered it so i had to re register it a couple of times, and so when i went to register it now on my new computer game stop wont accept my serial key, and i tried what u all posted but i still cant get it to register, which is a same because i was looking forward to playing this now that it has reached 1.4, and i tried getting help from game stop, but so far no help so is ther any way that i can get my game registered?     

November 10, 2012 7:03:03 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting kryo,
please contact support@stardock.com about this

November 10, 2012 9:35:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I emailed Stardock support about the problem on November 5th and still have no reply. Anyone else have this problem?

November 13, 2012 5:18:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I submitted a ticket on November 9 and have heard nothing thus far.

In the meantime, I pulled the 1.4 files from my old system drive and overwrote the 1.0 install on my new one.  The game loads, reports version 1.4, and plays okay.  However, the pop-up still brags about a new version 1.4 available for download.

November 15, 2012 10:05:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Is there anyway you could share those files with the less fortunate? n,n

November 21, 2012 10:11:52 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I am having the same problem.  I have contacted support and got a ticket number a couple of days back and heard nothing since.  Its ridiculous that you pay money for a game you can't update because of a useless/broken registration process.  Why isn't this game available in the drop down list to register from the Stardock website???

November 24, 2012 5:16:22 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Looks like its a waste of time contacting the non-exsistant customer support.  Follow Xardons instructions to register the game.  This is the last time i pay money for a Stardock game!

November 24, 2012 10:00:12 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting MonroKelly,
I have contacted support and got a ticket number a couple of days back and heard nothing since

Please bear in mind it is a four-day holiday weekend in the US, and support works normal office hours. Normal support ticket turnaround is within two business days.

November 26, 2012 5:39:30 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting kryo,

Please bear in mind it is a four-day holiday weekend in the US, and support works normal office hours. Normal support ticket turnaround is within two business days.

I submitted my request on November 9.  On November 20, a technician offered to register my game after I provided the serial number.  I replied within the hour and it's still unregistered and I have received nothing further.

November 28, 2012 2:30:36 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting pagamerbob,

Quoting kryo, reply 17

I submitted my request on November 9.  On November 20, a technician offered to register my game after I provided the serial number.  I replied within the hour and it's still unregistered and I have received nothing further.

So much for the 2 day turnaround, the customer support is appalling.  I hope they offer you some kind of apology.  Would you mind posting again once they have resolved it?  It would be interesting to see how long it takes for them to register the game.  I'm sure it can't be more than a 5 minute job.  I'm surprised the need to register the game hasn't been patched out as Stardock seem to have washed their hands of this game.

November 28, 2012 6:15:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting MonroKelly,
It would be interesting to see how long it takes for them to register the game. I'm sure it can't be more than a 5 minute job.

Support tickets are addressed in the order they are received, and it seems they are currently dealing with high volume due to the recent launch of Windows 8. So their response times may be degraded from what is typical. If you post your ticket numbers here we should at least be able to verify if there is anything other than simple backlog holding them up.

Please note that sending additional mails before receiving a response will also reset your place in queue, in case you've done that.

November 28, 2012 7:42:40 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Support here.  We're very sorry about the delay but we're working as fast as we can.

Thanks for your patience.

November 28, 2012 7:52:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting pagamerbob,
Your key was registered to your other, .org, email address.  You can access it from the link below.

You can also merge your accounts at http://www.stardock.com/support/registrations

Quoting MonroKelly,
I am having the same problem.  I have contacted support and got a ticket number a couple of days back and heard nothing since.  Its ridiculous that you pay money for a game you can't update because of a useless/broken registration process.  Why isn't this game available in the drop down list to register from the Stardock website???
You can't register WoM because it's already registered

You can access your registrations and download links by logging in with your Stardock account at https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products

November 28, 2012 9:12:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Zubaz,
Your key was registered to your other, .org, email address.  You can access it from the link below.

You can also merge your accounts at http://www.stardock.com/support/registrations

No need to merge.  I tried accessing the update through that account before writing support, but it was missing from the list.  Now it displays as registered. 

Thank you.

December 1, 2012 8:41:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm having the same problem.

Here's a really silly thought! Why not put the game in the dropdown list on the registration page so people don't have to go through this? 

I'm sending an email to support now, but this is a real hassle just to register and get updates, and it doesn't encourage me to want to purchase more of your products in the future...

December 1, 2012 3:46:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I can't update because it's not registered. I can't register because I don't know where to even though I used the serial key when I first installed.  Please tell me how to update.

December 2, 2012 4:38:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Could you please look into my tickets?

I first opened a ticket (#HDC-637-90412) on the 14th of Novermber, the ticket have been assigned to a representative, but I have yet to receive a reply.

I opened a new ticket (#XGR-817-47898) on the 27th of November to request a response on my earlier ticket. The second ticket has yet to be assigned to anyone.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0002953   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+