Stardock

Beta Rant!

By on May 1, 2012 11:39:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sithis44

Join Date 05/2011

why won't the devs or yarlen tell us about anything, I understand the advent have just been put in the beta but goddammit i wan't my favorite race back, my rant is simple, there are not enough updates on the matter, i also understand the devs are working hard at this title but they should at least give us some insite on whats going on, i have been waiting on this game for years to come out, i was so happy when i found out about the beta, it just about made my day until i found out i was only able to play tec and the advent, this pisses me off, at least give us somthing be reasured about.

I WANT THE VASARI BACK!

63 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 2, 2012 2:07:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It's been eight days since we heard a peep.  Give me news or give me my $10 extra I paid to beta test since I paid $39 for a preorder and now you're selling it for $29!   Arrrrrrggggggg!!!!!!!!!  Gurgle gurgle snort rage rage rage temper tantrum holds breath til face turns blue screams incoherently pulls hair out kicks the cat curls up in a bawl starts crying about wanting to give pirates missions play Vasari patchy goodness nomnomnomnom

May 2, 2012 2:08:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Fyrstar2002,
It's been eight days since we heard a peep.  Give me news or give me my $10 extra I paid to beta test since I paid $39 for a preorder and now you're selling it for $29!   Arrrrrrggggggg!!!!!!!! Gurgle gurgle snort rage rage rage temper tantrum holds breath til face turns blue screams incoherently pulls hair out kicks the cat curls up in a bawl starts crying about wanting to give pirates missions play Vasari patchy goodness nomnomnomnom

May 2, 2012 2:19:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Timmaigh,

Quoting Raketensegler80, reply 14Yep, the VLT cannot teleport at will. And the the teleport/The Maw reißbeißverspeiß (nomnomnom) combo is difficult to pull of due to the extremely slow turning speed of titans.

All in all the VLT is cooler but the VRT is imo better.

I would say the most coolest ability of VLT will be its fleet beacon, unless they dont nerf it to death. Maw would be way cooler if it targeted planets as well, i had already thread deleted on that topic 

Did it work for you? I had the technology but nothing happened when I used the 2nd summon on the phase gates. Or do you need to set a waypoint to the VLT?

May 2, 2012 2:35:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Raketensegler80,

Quoting Timmaigh, reply 23
Quoting Raketensegler80, reply 14Yep, the VLT cannot teleport at will. And the the teleport/The Maw reißbeißverspeiß (nomnomnom) combo is difficult to pull of due to the extremely slow turning speed of titans.

All in all the VLT is cooler but the VRT is imo better.

I would say the most coolest ability of VLT will be its fleet beacon, unless they dont nerf it to death. Maw would be way cooler if it targeted planets as well, i had already thread deleted on that topic 

Did it work for you? I had the technology but nothing happened when I used the 2nd summon on the phase gates. Or do you need to set a waypoint to the VLT?

Last time i played the Vasari, it was 0.76 version...and it seemed to not to work there, at least i had no idea, how to use it. I do not think you need phase gates for that though. The ships should be jumping right onto the Titans coordinates, the whole point of the ability is IMHO that you can lose all your factories (and planets), so this is basically meant as a replacement for those shipyards. Similarly, as you know, you can research faster passive hull regen for your ships, surely this is meant as a replacement for the regeneration bays, which you are supposed not to own anymore  as well

It used to work on the very first versions of beta though, it basically replenished your forces to full cap in a matter of seconds, i just kept researching fleet supply and the ships kept phasing in - for free   it was fun, but surely this will get changed, the question is, how much. Hopefully not to the point, when it becomes next to useless. 

May 2, 2012 2:39:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Since there was a 2nd ability on the phase gate, I supppose it will summon the usual units to the VLT and not to the phase gate.

May 2, 2012 2:45:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Now you really confused me, i did not know about any second ability on the phase gate. Is it not the Returning Armada?  Or that is the first ability?

Perhaps you are right then, although it does not make much sense to me, for reasons i named in my previous post.

Was not planning it, but i guess, i am going to look into it right now. I might have overlooked something, it happened to me first time with the Planet Stripping ability as well. 

May 2, 2012 2:57:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I am rather sure that there were/are 2 but since I tested the rebels the last games, I have no usable savegames as of now. It is too late for me today to test it, will look into it tomorrow.

May 2, 2012 4:21:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So i just tried it and you are right, and i am incrediby annoyed about what i found...

so yeah, as it is now, no more Fleet Beacon for Titan anymore. DAFUQ? You need Phase Gate to summon Dark Fleet Ships, and i suppose you cant have a Phase Gate without planet, right? So what happened to the "completely mobile" idea? It seems to me now, the whole grand idea of planet-less Vasari is being reduced to ability not lose the game, when you lose your capital planet, as you have the Titan as a back-up... that is bit underwhelming, after all we were told, dont you think?

I was already dissapointed once, when i found out, its not the Titan, what eats the planets, I even made a thread about it, which was for no reason deleted. And now this...even taking out, what was already there...seriously, you are making it worse and worse with every successive release. 

So please, reconsider these changes. I do not mind occasional crash, nor desync... but what you are doing now is unacceptable, toning those cools gameplay ideas down into mediocrity...

EDIT: Sorry for derailing the thread a bit, although i reckon this can be viewed as  beta rant. 

May 2, 2012 4:57:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Change things that haven't been released?

May 2, 2012 5:44:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Timmaigh,
So i just tried it and you are right, and i am incrediby annoyed about what i found...

so yeah, as it is now, no more Fleet Beacon for Titan anymore. DAFUQ? You need Phase Gate to summon Dark Fleet Ships, and i suppose you cant have a Phase Gate without planet, right? So what happened to the "completely mobile" idea? It seems to me now, the whole grand idea of planet-less Vasari is being reduced to ability not lose the game, when you lose your capital planet, as you have the Titan as a back-up... that is bit underwhelming, after all we were told, dont you think?

I was already dissapointed once, when i found out, its not the Titan, what eats the planets, I even made a thread about it, which was for no reason deleted. And now this...even taking out, what was already there...seriously, you are making it worse and worse with every successive release. 

So please, reconsider these changes. I do not mind occasional crash, nor desync... but what you are doing now is unacceptable, toning those cools gameplay ideas down into mediocrity...

EDIT: Sorry for derailing the thread a bit, although i reckon this can be viewed as  beta rant. 

Don't worry, it won't be hard to mod back in 

May 2, 2012 6:09:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Timmaigh,

You're over reacting. The Vasari aren't even out yet, and I don't think the devs have given up on the mobility theme. Perhaps they just decided to let the Vasari get new ships without planets in a different way.

May 2, 2012 6:15:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Scudhawk,
Change things that haven't been released?

Well, i can give them benefit of doubt, since these changes are not official, maybe it was just a trial and they will return to the original concept, but i am not holding my breath... as i see it now, they leaving the concept of completely mobile faction and that is mightily dissapointing, as that would be something new and unique. 

May 2, 2012 9:02:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Volt_Cruelerz,
Sometimes, there really isn't anything to report for a day.

Yet there is always something to report for a week.

As for vasari mobility, they will be extremely overpowered if this isn't carefully balanced.  What you are seeing is the incremental balance the developers are adding to ensure that there won't be 90% vasari loyalists and 10% other in online and single player play.

May 2, 2012 9:10:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sithis44,
well i did get it only to be let down, seriously who gives a dam about the advent anyway, sure they have a cool loyalist titan, but still.

I see what you posted, but it sounds like "I don't play advent so NO-ONE CARES ABOUT THEM!"

I play advent quite a bit. Love taking over a Galaxy with nothing but balls and culture...

May 2, 2012 10:17:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

maybe they're busy.... i dont know.... working on the game?

people are so impatient.

May 2, 2012 10:45:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SithLordAJ,
maybe they're busy.... i dont know.... working on the game?

people are so impatient.

All game developers are busy working on their particular game. It doesn't take much to pop in once a week and provide an update. Right now we're "beta testers" but is anyone even listening? Who knows? It's just surprising because they used to interact with the community quite a bit.

That's fine if they choose to not interact, that's their call. It's just a change in how they used to operate.

May 3, 2012 12:21:58 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting goodgimp,
That's fine if they choose to not interact, that's their call. It's just a change in how they used to operate.

From when? Most of the actual implementation for this is being done by Stardock, not Ironclad, so of course it will be different from Sins' early days.

May 3, 2012 12:22:45 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I've been in this beta and the Diablo3 beta. Stardock communicates with your guys WAAAAAAAY more.

Be grateful for what you got.

May 3, 2012 3:52:14 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,

You're over reacting. The Vasari aren't even out yet, and I don't think the devs have given up on the mobility theme. Perhaps they just decided to let the Vasari get new ships without planets in a different way.

I played bit more and i found out, that the original "Desperation" ability of Titan was replaced with  a new ability called  "Spawn Phase Stabiliser". Not sure now, if it acts only as a phase node, or you can use it for bringing in Dark Fleet ships like the regular Phase Stabiliser. If the latter is true, then this is probably supposed to be the way to produce ships, if you dont have planets...   

I reckon this was done to bypass the lack of buttons needed for the ability on the Titan itself (question for devs: couldnt clicking on the "spawn phase stabiliser" hud icon on the Titan´s interface just bring you one level "higher", from where would you choose one of those 3 possibilties to summon?) ... you have plenty of them on Phase Stabiliser interface... but it does not feel nowhere near as "elegant", as it could be, if the Fleet Beacon was integrated into the Titan itself

May 3, 2012 4:53:53 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hmm, that makes the Titan much less powerful in combat, since Desperation could increase damage and damage reduction by quite a margin.

Did they remove the technology in the tech tree? I guess they have, otherwise it would make no sense for the VLT to have an ability he can only use with mid-high end techs.

At least I have something to do when I come home...

May 3, 2012 5:10:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Raketensegler80,
Hmm, that makes the Titan much less powerful in combat, since Desperation could increase damage and damage reduction by quite a margin.

Did they remove the technology in the tech tree? I guess they have, otherwise it would make no sense for the VLT to have an ability he can only use with mid-high end techs.

At least I have something to do when I come home...

Part of the Desperation might have been moved to Suffusion, but not exactly sure about that. I do not think this particular thing was a bad move, since Suffusion and Desperation were IMHO fairly similar abilities...

May 3, 2012 10:32:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,

From when? Most of the actual implementation for this is being done by Stardock, not Ironclad, so of course it will be different from Sins' early days.

As I said previously, different from how it was in Sins vanilla, Entrenchment, Diplomacy. If you want to say that Stardock is doing this one and not Ironclad, then it's different from how they've done any of their previous or current (Fallen Enchantress) games.

May 3, 2012 11:06:34 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting goodgimp,

Quoting GoaFan77, reply 42

As I said previously, different from how it was in Sins vanilla, Entrenchment, Diplomacy. If you want to say that Stardock is doing this one and not Ironclad, then it's different from how they've done any of their previous or current (Fallen Enchantress) games.

So you say the devs communicate less than with Fallen Enchantress?

May 3, 2012 12:55:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

you noobs stfu and submit bug reports and saved game files becuase its a beta testers release and not the version for your god damn amusement. The devs are busy not posting greetings to you every single day because there fixing our bug reports-Im going to hulk smash you midgets if you keep it up.

May 3, 2012 1:00:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm present frequently, but the number of posts makes it difficult to keep up. That said, if I don't have anything to add or don't want to get into the quagmire of debate, I tend to stay silent.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001343   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+