Stardock.com ‚Äč

FAN Art for [ Sins Of A Solar Empire ] 2

Some Art and Image manipulations for SOASE

By on April 25, 2012 8:28:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

axxo2

Join Date 10/2010
+49

hope you guys enjoy!

http://bbb4445.deviantart.com/

353 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 27, 2012 10:34:37 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Pbhead,
very impressive!

Maybe a single cosplayer?

I saw a guy with a shotgun walking around wearing a cardboard box, tin-foil cap, and mismatched socks. Maybe he was a pirate heavy cruiser.

April 29, 2012 1:37:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i attempted to create some vasari art...  criticism  and ideas to make it better are welcome and are appreciated hope u guyys enjoy

http://bbb4445.deviantart.com/#/d4y0xe7

p.s. the better the art is the more the devs have to work on their art to make it cool as well so in the end we will have even more awesome artwork 4 soase! 

April 29, 2012 1:46:37 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Very impressive! Really like that one! Only one tiny little suggestion that could make it just a bit cooler: Change the face of the person in the middle to that of a human. Would make it seem like they enslaved a TEC operative or something. That would make it even more epic. But again, really good job!

April 29, 2012 2:03:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

k ill look @ it ( any face or one of the TEC avatars?)oooh  and in the cage there is a collector lol and a reaper zombie thing

April 29, 2012 4:15:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That's..  BEST ONE YET! 

You need to give the Vasari soldiers and the TEC captive have shadows though..

April 29, 2012 12:13:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

on the characters bodies or on the ground???

April 29, 2012 1:30:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting axxo2,
on the characters bodies or on the ground???

Well, if you look at the Vasari guards, they seem to already have some shadowing on their bodies, but there isn't any shadow cast on the ground.  Same with the captive.

April 29, 2012 3:07:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

added some shadows.. how dose it look?

April 29, 2012 3:12:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Better, but the shadows look like they're being cast on a flat surface and not on the rocky terrain.

April 29, 2012 3:20:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

the shadows are cast on the "fog"... tried to put them behind but they are barely seen...

April 29, 2012 3:37:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Idk..  It seems like it would be blurrier though if on fog..

April 29, 2012 4:18:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

k updated it

April 29, 2012 4:40:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The shadow now looks a lot better.  The last complaint I can think of is that the shadows on the terrain doesn't line up with the shadows of the Vasari.  As you can see in the picture of the terrain, you can tell the light source is to the right, yet the left Vasari's shadow is cast as if the light source were a couple feet in front of the camera.

Maybe I'm being extra picky on this one because Varari are my favorites lol.

April 29, 2012 7:18:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I am still confused as to how someone could make such striking images even with the aid of computer technology. Axxo2, I personally think that you are good enough that you could make a career out of your hobby (maybe making the design cover for Sins2? ). Have some karma for you hard work!

April 29, 2012 7:58:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Yottsu,
I am still confused as to how someone could make such striking images even with the aid of computer technology. Axxo2, I personally think that you are good enough that you could make a career out of your hobby (maybe making the design cover for Sins2? ). Have some karma for you hard work!

thanks Yottsu! 

May 3, 2012 3:50:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

sorry have not posted some art in a while ... this is a logo for the soase ignited rebellion mod

hopefully it will be done some day

http://bbb4445.deviantart.com/#/d4yiray

May 3, 2012 4:28:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Very cool!

May 4, 2012 3:04:05 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

in honor of the vasari coming soon i give u the, one of a kind, vasari warrior!

hope u guys like it once again!

http://bbb4445.deviantart.com/art/sins-of-solar-empire-rebellion-fan-art-299939771

http://bbb4445.deviantart.com/#/d4ykre1

May 4, 2012 6:57:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting axxo2,
in honor of the vasari coming soon i give u the, one of a kind, vasari warrior!
It looks kind of awkward but I like it!

May 12, 2012 12:15:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Looks awesome.

May 12, 2012 12:17:38 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

thanks Ryat

May 12, 2012 4:12:14 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Okay, this artwork is great. I'm hoping for a few more TEC pics to balance things out, that one trader pic was cool. I didn't mind the anima pic, it was cool but my first impression was that the four men behind her were the equivalent of marines not robots. Then I figured they could be assault drones, though the woman looks like an anima she doesn't have to be that.

May 12, 2012 9:18:35 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting axxo2,
Got inspired! check it out!
Very nice. The only thing that might improve it is a realistic background. But the avatar itself looks very cool!

May 12, 2012 11:11:12 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Great job! It´s the first time i see sins fanart =D

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000719   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+