Stardock

[Bug] Diplomacy With AI's

By on April 13, 2012 7:31:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Zenneh

Join Date 04/2012

I've checked the forums and haven't found anything about the bug I have found so I thought be wise to tell the developers it exists.

The Bug is if you give the AI 100 resources for relation gain WHILE you do not have the resources (for example 0 But i can be any number) you can still "send" it and gain the relationship boost

Steps to recreate.

Step 1. Research the ability to give and demand resources from other players. (2 Civic research labs - Diplomacy tree)

Step 2. Sell your resources to the black market or have a general lack of.

Step 3. Send the material that you have lack of to gain relations for no cost.

Thank you for the wonderful game and giving the players a chance to find some of the small unnoticeable bugs they will slip by.

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 13, 2012 11:23:58 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I have noticed that with AI factions they offer you a peace treaty but I cannot find were to accept it . This is not the regular peace treaties with normal AI player but seems to be factions that have only occupied one planet. Anyone know anything about this ?
April 13, 2012 11:57:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting fassett1,
I have noticed that with AI factions they offer you a peace treaty but I cannot find were to accept it . This is not the regular peace treaties with normal AI player but seems to be factions that have only occupied one planet. Anyone know anything about this ?

No offense, but you do know how to accept treaties/pacts, right? Betting you do, but want to ask just in case. The rest of the reply goes under the assumption you answered yes. If it's a no, let me know, and I can help.

I'm just guessing here, but check to see if the faction has been defeated next time you see it? It would just have the crushed in picture, like broken glass. I wonder if there's not some weird fluke with defeated AIs still attempting diplomatic actions, but the player can't accept since, well, they're defeated. After reading about that bug with the occupation victory, this seems plausible, at least.

If it's not that... dunno. Do you have a save file of it happening, by chance? I'm curious.

April 14, 2012 9:20:26 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/536458_10151538440995228_616625227_23726233_1804700036_n.jpg

Here is a screen caption of what I'm talking about. Notice these "players" aren't really players. And if you highlight them and press spacebar it takes you to the diplomacy screen, but I cannot find anyplace were it would allow you to accept a treaty from a non main AI player.

April 14, 2012 9:38:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Those are peace treaties from the neutral militia that you automatically get after researching Truce Amongst Rogues.

You don't need to accept those treaties, they're automatic.

When you send a ship to a neutral occupied grav well they won't attack it.

April 14, 2012 9:40:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If you were playing as TEC rebel and researched "truce among rogues" the neutral factions on planets, insurgent forces raiding your planet and pirates become your allies. You do not have to accept that pact. it becomes available automatically.

April 14, 2012 9:45:11 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

As they say reading is fundamental . lol my bad

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000469   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+