Stardock

[UI] Unit list should show if units have moves left this turn, and if they are on a route

I can see HP, number of units in group, but not whether I have moved them this turn

By on March 31, 2012 2:30:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

ben_sphynx

Join Date 02/2006
+8

Is there a way to see if your units have moved yet, other than selecting them?

If there is, it needs to be clearer.

If there is not, then it would be a realy realy useful thing to have. Every turn I tend to click through some of my units several times in an effort to not click turn when there are still units to move.

It would also be useful to see which ones have a path allready set up - I dont need to bother moving them if they are allready on a route that wont finish this turn.

10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 2, 2012 6:14:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I use tab to zip through units with movement points remaining. But I like the idea of having the unit list flag units that are inactive (no assigned task such as guard, explore, or move to point) and haven't moved yet. I'm not in front of a game right now, but I don't remember anything visual to flag unmoved units...

April 3, 2012 9:59:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting sirmathmansir,

I use tab to zip through units with movement points remaining. But I like the idea of having the unit list flag units that are inactive (no assigned task such as guard, explore, or move to point) and haven't moved yet. I'm not in front of a game right now, but I don't remember anything visual to flag unmoved units...

Wait, you can use tab to that? This game really needs someplace where the shortcuts are listed -.- Also I think there at least should be a button on the interface to skip to the next unit with moves.

Besides that, Agreed with the first post.

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

April 3, 2012 5:01:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Press F1 to see all keyboard commands. 

Just kidding, but wouldn't that be nice?

April 3, 2012 6:10:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting seanw3,

It really would

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

April 3, 2012 6:43:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting sirmathmansir,
I use tab to zip through units with movement points remaining.

Whoa. 

This is an incredibly useful tidbit of knowledge!

And actually, there is a very subtle visual cue to tell you if there are units left to move. The "Turn" button will only glow with a green-scintilating border when there are no further units requiring orders.

And this is a bit of an aside, but does it (or has it ever) make anyone else nervious how units with outstanding movement orders will only automatically progress to move /after/  you choose to end your turn? It is subtle, but really unnerving personally. I'd much prefer all such movements to take place upon the beginning of a turn!

April 3, 2012 8:38:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow, I didn't realize that that would be a revelation, but I'm glad it helped.   

April 4, 2012 7:33:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Ragmash,
And this is a bit of an aside, but does it (or has it ever) make anyone else nervious how units with outstanding movement orders will only automatically progress to move /after/  you choose to end your turn? It is subtle, but really unnerving personally. I'd much prefer all such movements to take place upon the beginning of a turn!

Well it takes part at the end of your turn so you can get to change it! if it would be at the beginning of your turn your wouldnt be able to change theyre orders from what you just saw.. So I hope it wont be at the beginning of the turn.

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

April 4, 2012 11:39:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You have a point, good sir! Hmmm...      I guess that particular frustration stems from me not knowing who has moved yet. Because I (at least, initially) was clicking through all my units, and even reordering units with standing movement orders, just to make sure everything had moved.

I humbly rescind my previous suggestion!

April 5, 2012 4:53:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I agree with the post.  I also wish that when you create a path for the units to take that the game gives you a chance to override the path the game gives you before the units move.  There has been some frustrating moments when the units take a route that was not anticipated.

April 5, 2012 5:05:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting seanw3,

UGH, LOL, you totally had me going for a second there!

An in-game list would be ideal though.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000703   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+