Stardock

Adobe CS6 Beta available for free (until the RTM)

By on March 22, 2012 7:26:14 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

DrJBHL

Join Date 04/2002
+2162

It’s amazing. Simply and totally amazing. It supposedly makes CS5 look primitive, and that takes some doing.

You can watch Russell Brown’s video on his six favorite new features:

Adobe’s Mercury Graphics Engine has also speeded up the “Liquify”, “Puppet Warp” and “Crop” tools.

Some stuff Russell Brown didn’t mention:

“Shadows and Highlights” – No more halos (unless you go to truly insane values). Even works with iPhone images.

“Typography” – Paragraph and character styles. Now supports OpenType ligatures, fractions and lots more. Even a “Lorem Ipsum” generator for mock layouts.

Special for Xiandi: “Layer selection”:

“If you use a gazillion layers and share your images with others, you are going to love the new way that CS6 has to manage layers. You can automatically filter out different layers in the layers palette by kind. This was a lifesaver when I tried to hunt down a layer among two hundred different ones. You can filter them by type, to see only text layers, for example. Or adjustment layers. Or shapes. It's extremely convenient.” – Jesus Diaz, http://gizmodo.com/5895424/photoshop-cs6-is-the-best-photoshop-release-in-recent-memory

Don’t expect it to be cheap. It won’t be.

At least play with it… if you dare. I’m downloading it now. I’m gonna hate going back, but I have to play with the lens stuff. And the rest.

Remember:  1-800-BUX-4DOC.

Download link (Windows and Mac): http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/photoshopcs6.html

Sources:

http://gizmodo.com/5895424/photoshop-cs6-is-the-best-photoshop-release-in-recent-memory

30 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 25, 2012 4:33:41 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Frankief,
Do you guys not have the available icon in Bridge? I have a screen shot if it helps. I have access directly from Bridge without having PS6 open.

Thanks Frankief I did not know I had the new BRcs6 separate   as the PSCS6 only gave me the Shortcut Icon for PS 6  so I opened my

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe   NOTE it might be in C:\Program Files\Adobe  this folder to I just don't have the 64bit one on this side...

and sure enough I have Adobe Bridge CS6 and as you say I can now open CR7 without having to open PS6... so thanks for the SS it made me look

SO if any of you don't have the shortcut on the desktop or Startmenu (Like I did not) for Bridge cs6 check your

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CS6

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CS6

for it...

March 25, 2012 7:58:00 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I figured out the problem. I was using CTRL+R in Bridge from within PS6. CTRL+R is the keyboard shortcut for the ruler in PS but in Bridge it opens Camera raw.  

Another thing to note is Camera raw supports jpeg's and not png's and other formats that I use for raw image scans.

March 25, 2012 10:22:32 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Here's one. How do I open a skin folder to view from within cs6? InPS7 its easy, just click on the tab. Been awhile since I played with one of the good ones.

BTW - the trial period, according to the nag screen, is 60 days. That's 30 more than the standard trial.

March 25, 2012 11:27:51 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,
Here's one. How do I open a skin folder to view from within cs6? InPS7 its easy, just click on the tab. Been awhile since I played with one of the good ones.

BTW - the trial period, according to the nag screen, is 60 days. That's 30 more than the standard trial.

Using PS you have to go to File/Open and locate the folder you want. Or you can use Bridge. You can't get all the pics at the bottom of PSP which is nice BTW.

March 25, 2012 4:17:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Whoa. Sweet.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+