Stardock

Why there is no "titan destroyed" in stats?

By on March 12, 2012 9:36:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Qu4r

Join Date 07/2008
+16

Why there is no "titan destroyed" in stats? U must add it

Also, almost every game ends with mini. We didnt want it implemented .

rebuild titans has level of destroyed titan, but someone already writed about it.

Truce amoungst rouges is  not oped at all. Its godmode. Fix it pls.

25 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 12, 2012 9:40:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

this is actually a useful post.

which gives it many layers of funny.

well played.

March 12, 2012 9:41:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Please note you are playing Sins Rebellion Beta 1. 

All (notable) problems are only temporary, and the game's creators appreciate your testing of the in-progress game. There's also a specific forum post for you to report glitches, errors and bugs to so the Devs aren't prowling the forums for further development advice.

- Thx

Xer0 \^/

March 13, 2012 5:07:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I dont nag, i just leave my feedback , the way devs asked.

March 13, 2012 6:25:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

In this rare case I happen to agree with Q4ur...I'm now leaving to visit a doctor.

The Titan killer achievement levels would be really cool.

March 13, 2012 9:42:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

TAR is so insanely OP it's hard to find words. Even worse, I don't see how can you balance it with race which can build trade ports at tier 2 and has pervasive economy- most badass eco tech there is. It should be at least tier 6 with high research cost and prerequisite techs.

I have yet to see someone use it in eco slot, but I can already see 3/4 of map taken by single player with planets upgraded to 3-6k hp laughing at you as you spam siege frigs. I don't know what devs were thinking.

March 13, 2012 1:19:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinperium,
In this rare case I happen to agree with Q4ur...I'm now leaving to visit a doctor.

I concur...TaR is just ridiculous...I can see maybe making a faction have peace with the pirates, but not with the militia...I honestly am not sure if this technology can really even be salvaged....raising the level of the tech just makes it useless on smaller maps or FFAs, but doesn't prevent an eco player on a large game from abusing the hell out of it....

If there's a way to simply grant immunity from pirates I feel that'd be the best solution...

March 13, 2012 1:37:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

becuase Titans dont die     ?

March 13, 2012 1:37:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Xer07,
All (notable) problems are only temporary

I red this about 4h ago and just finished laughing.

March 13, 2012 5:40:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

heh I was playing a ffa with itchynail, admiralhoth, and some new guy.

Itchy used TAR (I was loyalist) to colonize the entire center of the map and culture spam everyone, making him persona non grata.  He took out hoth via culture and I was fighting him non stop slowly taking worlds because I kept the pressure on him.  Lucky for me my starbase world was never bypassed by the noob new guy, so he acted like a hard AI and I just focused everything on itchy.  Even with a 2v1 I was able to starbase all my worlds and have the strongest fleet.  My ace in the hole was a lvl 4 ankylon titan, no other player had a titan on the board, itchy got one late in the game and i chased it off with my lrms + titan.  So no XP for that lil bugger.

Was in interesting game until itchy minidumped, very close.  On a larger map truce among rogues would be amazingly overpowered, I haven't yet played a game where a good player was able to fully exploit this.  The only counter I could see is a siege frigate spam / marza spam right off the bat, and lord knows how little this is ever used.  The thing is it is very hard to keep the enemy scouted because they are gaining so many worlds so fast.  Gotta build a lot more scouts and keep your eye on the whole map, unless you want to get a culture spam next to your HW.

In my opinion, the devs should reduce the resource/logistics cost of the siege frigates to make them a more reasonable counter to this planetary land grab.

March 13, 2012 6:50:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

In regard to Truce amongst Rogues, i would suggest toning it down from Neutrals being completely neutral toward the Rebel player to Neutrals being partially neutral toward the player. I mean lets say half of the local milita would ignore you, while the other half will attack you as any other player. You will still be at advantage, as you wont need that many units early to beat the militia, but you wont be able to colonise shitload of planets so fast as you can now, which i suppose is the issue here.

Alternatively, make the Ice planet/Volcanic planet colonisation technologies in the research tree more expensive for Rebels or move them slightly higher (require more labs).

I was playing today myself against AI as Rebel and paid closer attention to their tech trees. There are certain things i do not know, how they work....

so you can ally with Pirates, right? What does that exactly mean? That they will periodically attack from the moment you research the tech only the enemy players?

other thing, the final diplomatic tech, Liberated something. It says rebel forces will mass at your capital planet or something along the line. Do they count toward your cap? Can you control them somehow?  

March 13, 2012 7:00:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Timmaigh,
so you can ally with Pirates, right? What does that exactly mean? That they will periodically attack from the moment you research the tech only the enemy players?

They completely ignore you.

You could have 50,000 bounty on you and they'd go for the guy with 100. They don't attack your ships, so you can coordinate joint strikes with them. Additionally, they send you whispers and alerts if they're under attack like an AI ally would.

March 13, 2012 7:22:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

[quote who="Mr. Haze" reply="11" id="3107181"] they send you whispers and alerts if they're under attack like an AI ally would.[/quote]

yeah I found that funny

March 13, 2012 11:07:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Timmaigh,

other thing, the final diplomatic tech, Liberated something. It says rebel forces will mass at your capital planet or something along the line. Do they count toward your cap? Can you control them somehow?

Yes I have these questions as well.  The tooltips need greater clarity on the matter, since sins doesn't really have an in depth tutorial.  Ambiguity in this game only serves to keep new players in the dark while experienced players mop them up.

Not a good formula for a game company trying to grow their customer base. 

March 13, 2012 11:17:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I have a question, too.

What does "B-e-t-a" spell?

Xer0 \^/

March 13, 2012 11:27:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Xer07,
I have a question, too.

What does "B-e-t-a" spell?

Xer0 \^/

We are providing effective feedback to assist developers.  The most important aspect of a beta.  After all, if you fail to satisfy your target audience you have nothing.

Moving on....

March 14, 2012 9:25:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I know that the purpose of this thread... and many others like it...  is to provide feedback for further development, but the bulk of people act as though the current version is the final version. I'm pretty sure they even warned those who go the beta that it would be full of glitches and bugs - so I'm just reminding everyone that this will all be fixed sooner or later, because the current version is Beta.

-Cheers

Xer0 \^/

March 14, 2012 11:23:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well now, in all fairness, there are text typos and balance issues and AI issues from diplomacy that still haven't been addressed after several years...

As a petty example, the descriptions for light carriers still insist they carry a single squadron of SC....you'd think it'd be fixed by now but it hasn't...

So...any and all errors in this version are fair game for feedback because we just can't assume SD is already aware of them or simply hasn't gotten time to fix them...

March 15, 2012 12:08:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Just pm yarlen on things and any other staff on top of all the posts. Doesn't hurt to try and i've done it many times. 

March 15, 2012 12:50:28 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You wanna know something sad?  That typo about the LCs is actually sentimental to me...reminds of the ol' days when carriers only had one squadron, the Advent Trinity was king, and the AI didn't spam my planets with envoys....

March 15, 2012 1:11:11 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,
Well now, in all fairness, there are text typos and balance issues and AI issues from diplomacy that still haven't been addressed after several years...

As a petty example, the descriptions for light carriers still insist they carry a single squadron of SC....you'd think it'd be fixed by now but it hasn't...

So...any and all errors in this version are fair game for feedback because we just can't assume SD is already aware of them or simply hasn't gotten time to fix them...

Ah, well. I feel like a douche, as I rarely play/notice minor details like that.

Apologies all around.

Xer0 \^/

March 15, 2012 3:22:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I would kind of miss MDs. That precious "awwww" when you MD in middle of really good game is unique Sins Experience. And all the Armistice bug-features Auqia likes so much. And countering bugged lums just to be repulsed for 1,39543 AM cost... balanced and bug-free Sins would be just regular game.

March 15, 2012 4:00:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

For all the beloved bugs that have and will be fixed...

March 15, 2012 9:08:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Mecha-Lenin,
I would kind of miss MDs. That precious "awwww" when you MD in middle of really good game is unique Sins Experience. And all the Armistice bug-features Auqia likes so much. And countering bugged lums just to be repulsed for 1,39543 AM cost... balanced and bug-free Sins would be just regular game.

ROFL

March 15, 2012 9:10:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Timmaigh,

Everytime you wipe out an enemy planet or eveytime you colonize one, I honestly can't remember which, a large rebel force of TEC ships will warp into your home world, under your control. Think of it like Returning Armada for the vasari except you don't pay to get them, and the only way to choose when they get there is how fast you wipe out enemy planets.

Honestly this combined with the pirate truce gives you so many reinforcements it's unbelievable. Of course if you're looking to field some specific units it's a lot of scuttling to be done. Otherwise it's a nice way to keep your fleet capped. Had both of these with my titan on a rampage and never built another ship the whole match.

March 15, 2012 11:57:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Dragoon4ever,

Quoting Timmaigh, reply 10other thing, the final diplomatic tech, Liberated something. It says rebel forces will mass at your capital planet or something along the line. Do they count toward your cap? Can you control them somehow?  

Everytime you wipe out an enemy planet or eveytime you colonize one, I honestly can't remember which, a large rebel force of TEC ships will warp into your home world, under your control. Think of it like Returning Armada for the vasari except you don't pay to get them, and the only way to choose when they get there is how fast you wipe out enemy planets.

Honestly this combined with the pirate truce gives you so many reinforcements it's unbelievable. Of course if you're looking to field some specific units it's a lot of scuttling to be done. Otherwise it's a nice way to keep your fleet capped. Had both of these with my titan on a rampage and never built another ship the whole match.

Thanks for clarification.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000609   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+