Intermittently, I get an error from Fences: "Fences has detected that Explorer was not closed properly. As a precaution Fences has been temporarily disabled. I run Fences on three machines, two running 64 bit Win 7, one on XP. The Win 7 systems suffer this problem. What bugs me is that only the Win 7 systems have this problem, but there's no diagnostic information that I can troubleshoot from. Searching, I find this problem isn't uncommon, and I've tried everything I can think of to resolve it, but I'm working with "blinders on." I've written code for more than 30 years (engineer) and I see two solutions: First, don't trap that exception or failure; keep working. Two, fix the code, Explorer is running just fine. No reason for this "precaution." And when this "error" message comes up, I try to re-enable it as it tells me, but it never works. I have to reboot and it's just a flip of the coin to see if that fixes it. Like I said, this problem seems to be common, so I wonder why it hasn't been fixed yet.