Stardock
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Create and Delete Combined Effects

By on March 10, 2012 2:52:32 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Flewz

Join Date 06/2011

RE: Vista Home Premium 32bit w/SP2 4GB's ram

Just installed 3.5 version standalone of deskscapes. I can use the Effects tab to alter a dream but if I try using multiple effects and renaming the effects nothing. The edit and delete options are also not functioning. Clicking on create a new combined effect opens the window of options and allows you to select alright but nothing is saved and I cant seem to apply the changes I made. I've tried with several different backgrounds to be sure it wasn't one particular file causing this and still a no-go. I previously had the 30 day trial installed and it acted the very same way. All the other functions work perfect. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I haven't submitted a ticket yet to support. I thought I would try here first and see if this might be a simple fix. If anyone should need more system info I'd be happy to oblige.

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 12, 2012 9:49:05 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hi.

We're looking into this internally.

March 12, 2012 12:06:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks. I'll check back later.

I just want to edit this post to let anyone who might run into the same problem that it has been solved by a very helpful Stardock support tech. 

Solution: All that needed to be done was to create two folders in my c:\users\public\documents\  folder. One STARDOCK folder and one DREAMS folder. That took care of the whole issue. All is well in Deskscapes now. I don't know why the program didn't create these folders when installed but no matter as all turned out well. I hope this will help someone out in the future if they should encounter this problem.

April 15, 2012 12:24:14 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

i can only apply the premade effects  can not creat any new ones never have been able to. ive only ever owned the full version i also have windowblinds 7 for win 7x64 and the folders are there in documents folder

April 16, 2012 9:35:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting deamon2000,
i can only apply the premade effects  can not creat any new ones never have been able to. ive only ever owned the full version i also have windowblinds 7 for win 7x64 and the folders are there in documents folder
You need to have a directory called Dreams at C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Stardock\Dreams

Is that there?

May 29, 2012 9:35:02 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have that folder in public (where it contains the dreams I've downloaded), and have created it in my user name's documents folder, but I cannot create combined effects.  When I do, the effects panel reloads, but the effects I've tried to create are not there.

Edit: Working now.  Not sure what changed.

June 26, 2012 10:28:54 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Bonjour

Ayant 2 écrans, j'ai recherché comment utiliser un Random Background accompagné de ses effets pour chaque écran.

Je n'ai trouvé que la possibilité d'appliquer le Random Background dans l'ensemble des écrans.

Ce qui veut dire que je ne peux disposer que d'un seul rêve pour chaque écran.

Il serait judicieux lors d'une nouvelle version de profiter de cette évolution.

merci 

___

Hello

Having two screens, I researched how to use a Random Background with its effects for each screen.

I found that the possibility of applying the Random Background in all screens.

Which means that I can have only one dream for each screen.

It would make sense in a new version to take advantage of this development.

thank you

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+