Stardock

Enemy of the Vasari

The Vasari's Pursuers

By on February 28, 2012 6:40:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

LupusVir

Join Date 01/2012
+4

Here is a Thread to discuss who the Vasari's Pursuers are.  Post any ideas you have, or things you have heard.  Maybe we will find out in Rebellion who they are.  Until then, Let's think.  If you have already posted an idea somewhere, then post it here too.  I shall bring all the ideas here, with your help.

143 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 11, 2012 4:46:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Marsujenherra,
It has to be the Ur-quans. The black ones.

You mean these ones?

or...maybe the Dnyarri?

April 11, 2012 6:21:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

what if the phase inhibitors purpose is to make phase space safe for travel and the vasari removed too many and now there is a phase space tidal wave and the dark fleet survivors went crazy from non-euclidian geometry

then again it could just be those old robot-zombie-pirate-ninja-energy beings up to no good.

April 13, 2012 3:28:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The phase gates secretly lead to a place called the Void. Only they who forged the gates should jump to it.

There they wait , preparing, for a race to find a certain amount of gates. Then in one black out they will cut the center of the civilization. Killing the leaders, main shipyards.

They can also be known as the: Leviathans. Godly being that are the highest of evolution.

April 13, 2012 6:08:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting faller,
what if the phase inhibitors purpose is to make phase space safe for travel and the vasari removed too many and now there is a phase space tidal wave and the dark fleet survivors went crazy from non-euclidian geometry

then again it could just be those old robot-zombie-pirate-ninja-energy beings up to no good.

robot-zombie-pirate-ninja-energy being-SURFERS

April 16, 2012 8:32:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Phase lane surfers.

April 17, 2012 8:36:45 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

More powerful aliens/ some godlike creature has been done too often already. Some disease or something maybe? Would be more original.

April 18, 2012 12:26:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Rosie O'Donnell is eating her way out of the Vasaari Empire, one system at a time

April 18, 2012 1:00:16 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting LupusVir,
So has anyone found out what really happened?
I probably have. I posted a title about it as well. Look on it to find out what I mean, and here's the hint: Xenos

April 18, 2012 1:59:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i think i might have figured it out... maybe im over thinking ... Sinperium or Teun-A-Roonius can i send u some screenshots of what i think?

April 18, 2012 2:09:53 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

IT IS MARAUDER SHIELDS SAVING US FROM THE RELEASE OF THE FULL GAME.... HE IS TELLING US TO BACK AWAY WHILE WE STILL CAN!!!!

April 18, 2012 6:48:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting galaxy366,
The phase gates secretly lead to a place called the Void. Only they who forged the gates should jump to it.

There they wait , preparing, for a race to find a certain amount of gates. Then in one black out they will cut the center of the civilization. Killing the leaders, main shipyards.

They can also be known as the: Leviathans. Godly being that are the highest of evolution.

....... that sounds a lot like mass effect....... please no i dont want this seris to end

April 18, 2012 9:20:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

StarCraft, Mass Effect, etc. Godlike races have been done too often.

April 18, 2012 11:32:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Grubnessul,
StarCraft, Mass Effect, etc. Godlike races have been done too often.
Don't mind me but I think the story in the MAss Effect series was quite original...

In other words, when implemented the right way something that has been done before can still be very entertaining and totally suck you into the game.

April 18, 2012 2:53:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The other thing to consider is that the PJI's have never been explained which are effectively the same as the various artifacts found on planets.  You have a race that used to rule much of the galaxy and had brought hundreds of other races under it's control.  You'd have to have something really powerful to make them run.

April 18, 2012 3:04:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If we get Reapers (  ) into SoaSE we still can rename Novaliath to Crucible and we are fine   

April 18, 2012 4:05:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Its obvious they are trying to stay one step ahead of Readers Digest, once those bastards get your address they are like hound dogs, Heck I moved countries and they still found me.

Vasaari says to wife..."Hi hun im home any mail"

Vasaari's wife  "Only this letter saying you won"

Vasaari "oh hell, pack, and pack fast we are moving, torch the planet leave no traces, hurry woman"

April 18, 2012 5:02:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Here is my thought, what if the Advent are drawing on the power of a idea? The idea is Justice, pure and unrelenting. Then over the years they started to turn to Vengeance for power to fuel the psychic abilities.

What if the Vasari are running from a similar "idea". Like they stumbled onto pride, or arrogance maybe even the embodiment of fear and it started to slowly cull the minds of the Vasari and slaves alike.

It would explain the insanity, it would explain the running, and it would explain the corruption of the wholeness of the unity. I imagine kind of like the gods of chaos from the Warhammer universe, how the emperah created order and as such the universe saw fit to balance that with creating the gods of chaos, kind of like how the law of entropy works?

Because it seems all the races hold some "similarity's" in emotion, maybe it's a power of the universe and all living being are subject to what it does? They do take lots of ques from Star Wars it seems, so maybe it's along the lines of the Force?

There is lots of power in a idea. It can rule a empire or destroy it, and it's impossible to destroy, only suppress or to hide. A idea follows the same rules of energy I say, ideas are never destroyed or created simply "discovered" maybe the Unity is the idea made real as how energy is made real into matter. Maybe the Vasari are running from such a "idea".

that's my 2 cents hope you like it :3

TL;DR Vasari are running from a idea made real, similar to how the Advent are Justice/ Vengeance made real.

April 18, 2012 10:19:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting heroes265,
If we get Reapers into SoaSE we still can rename Novaliath to Crucible and we are fine
But only if you own the Catalyst. Do you?

April 18, 2012 10:27:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Teun-A-Roonius,
Quoting heroes265, reply 90If we get Reapers into SoaSE we still can rename Novaliath to Crucible and we are fineBut only if you own the Catalyst. Do you?

...we've got planet-killer cannons with intergalactic range. Screw the Catalyst.

I've said it before: the Reapers would not stand a chance if they came in the Sins universe to pull of their chaos-into-order-cycle BS. They are outgunned and outnumbered in every way.

April 18, 2012 11:33:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

lol even the corvette looks bigger then the reaper ships that attacked earth (scale wise)

April 19, 2012 1:06:03 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

there's really no way to compare scale to sins because the game has no scale at all.

April 19, 2012 1:10:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Teun-A-Roonius,
there's really no way to compare scale to sins because the game has no scale at all.
Oh yes it does... It has an "Unrivaled Scale"!

April 19, 2012 1:30:41 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I just love that the windows on the Akkan are larger than the windows on most frigates, suggesting that if it were to scale, it would be smaller than a Cobalt.  Conversely, the Evacuator's windows are practically pixels, as that thing really ought to be many times the size of any other capital.

April 19, 2012 7:48:35 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Nice pics!

I meant the black ones - the ones which shoot powerful spinning giant shuriken!

Ur-Quan-masters is pure epiness. The voice-acting of different species makes it worth play again and again.

April 19, 2012 8:17:25 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Teun-A-Roonius,

Well I took a screenshot of a Radiance, then zoomed in on the bridge until I could make out what was one story. Then, from that one, I mesured 5, then 20, then 100, and it ends up the Radiance is 350 or 450 stories tall, I don't remember which of the two, but that puts it at over 1.2km tall either way, and 3.5x that in length, or over 4.2km long.

Eradica and Coronata are about 4-5 times taller than the Radiance is long, for 16-20km tall ships.

The biggest Reapers, on the other hand, sit at a puny 2km in length. And that's the biggest ones. Sounds like half a cap ship but Reapers are built very long but very thin, so that puts them at about a frigate's size.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000672   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+