Stardock

Enemy of the Vasari

The Vasari's Pursuers

By on February 28, 2012 6:40:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

LupusVir

Join Date 01/2012
+4

Here is a Thread to discuss who the Vasari's Pursuers are.  Post any ideas you have, or things you have heard.  Maybe we will find out in Rebellion who they are.  Until then, Let's think.  If you have already posted an idea somewhere, then post it here too.  I shall bring all the ideas here, with your help.

143 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 28, 2012 6:58:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Here is one of my theories:  What if there is just one pursuer?  A lab experiment gone awry?  An ultimately powerful physic being, able to destroy planets and control trillions of people with ease?  A nearly immortal vengeful creation, bent on destroying all Vasari, and freeing their slaves, traveling with the mind-controlled Dark Fleet?  The living embodiment of dominance, a billion times more powerful than all the Advent combined?  Coming this way? 

That is the first of many theories, soon to populate this thread, born from the minds of many, brought under a single name:  "Enemy of the Vasari".

February 28, 2012 6:59:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

They said in an interview/article that hints and info will actually be inside the coding of Rebellion.

Their prediction on how long till we (and by we I mean the modders if the statement is literal) piece together those hints is about 7 mins before the game actually releases.

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/418246/page/1/#3092180

February 28, 2012 7:06:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I did see that, but I want your ideas.  What do you think is going to be in the code?

February 28, 2012 7:56:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The enemy of the Vasari is code itself that doesn't permit a campaign where they could confront their enemies and perhaps do well enough to face the bastards down.

The ancient enemy -they are the space ponies.  They have peacefully infiltrated our worlds and wait for the right moment to strike!  Footage of them preparing for war!

February 28, 2012 7:57:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

By the way, we only have a few days until we get clues in the code, and we need more ideas, so that we can see who was closest.

February 28, 2012 8:55:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

they might have opened a space node in the lab to another galaxy- not known to them. then their worlds signals were jammed by a more advanced race. And the Vassar worlds were killed one by one. no one survived to tell what the advanced race looked like so the outer colonies just left in fear of not knowing what was killing off the empire.... everywhere they go they leave beacons- and they disappear so they have been on the run since then???

February 28, 2012 9:36:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting axxo2,
they might have opened a space node in the lab to another galaxy- not known to them. then their worlds signals were jammed by a more advanced race. And the Vassar worlds were killed one by one. no one survived to tell what the advanced race looked like so the outer colonies just left in fear of not knowing what was killing off the empire.... everywhere they go they leave beacons- and they disappear so they have been on the run since then???

Hmmm... So you are saying that when the Vasari were improving on their Phase stabilizer technology, something else with the same technology traveled through the accidental stabilized phase link and started massacring the Vasari scientists?

February 28, 2012 9:42:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I keep telling you guys--haven't you ever watched Event Horizon?  It's Sam Neil who's after them.  He's taking them back to the place they opened.

February 28, 2012 9:42:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

yep- one can even make a movie out of SOASE  it would be a clever story.. (but i wish the vasari could completely destroy planets into asteroid belts or something...)

February 28, 2012 9:44:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinperium,
I keep telling you guys--haven't you ever watched Event Horizon?  It's Sam Neil who's after them.  He's taking them back to the place they opened.

there was another link about this topic on the forum.. dont remember were but i think its called what are the vasari running from...

February 28, 2012 9:52:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

p.s. how soon u guys think they will come out with soase2? and will they? i think that if they got enough money to make sins of the dark age.. then their other smart option is to keep soase alive... 

February 28, 2012 10:02:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting axxo2,
p.s. how soon u guys think they will come out with soase2? and will they? i think that if they got enough money to make sins of the dark age.. then their other smart option is to keep soase alive... 
I wouldn't count on a SOASE 2 until at least 2014 if I were you.

February 28, 2012 10:56:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

By the way, What do you think of that first theory of mine?

" What if there is just one pursuer?  A lab experiment gone awry?  An ultimately powerful physic being, able to destroy planets and control trillions of people with ease?  A nearly immortal vengeful creation, bent on destroying all Vasari, and freeing their slaves, traveling with the mind-controlled Dark Fleet?  The living embodiment of dominance, a billion times more powerful than all the Advent combined?  Coming this way? "

February 29, 2012 4:30:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Probably phase space experiments, as it is entire systems simply going silent. Maybe they accidentally brought forth some form of sentient energy, could be something of the kin of pissed off stargods (like the C'Tan from 40k or Torajii from Doctor Who), previously oblivious to their presence but now disturbed.

February 29, 2012 5:15:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I think there's  a very old thread about this topic

Found it. It was announced by Craig himself

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/306542

February 29, 2012 8:48:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah, like JJ said, the devs have already said who's chasing the Vasari.  Go read the post he links to.

February 29, 2012 9:08:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
February 29, 2012 10:41:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting LupusVir,
A lab experiment gone awry?  An ultimately powerful physic being, able to destroy planets and control trillions of people with ease?  A nearly immortal vengeful creation, bent on destroying all Vasari, and freeing their slaves, traveling with the mind-controlled Dark Fleet?  The living embodiment of dominance, a billion times more powerful than all the Advent combined?  Coming this way? 

That happened to me once in chemistry class, it wasn't pretty.  Apparently you aren't supposed to mix all the chemicals together at once in a container using uranium marbles as shakers.

March 1, 2012 12:03:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The Vasari when the unknown enemy struck. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0w5oGVwJ_Q

March 1, 2012 2:56:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Given the way one of the crews came back mad with fear...

How about the Advent, there's nothing saying that they didn't end up in vassari space when thrown out. The Advent even turned up after the Vassari in TEC space so it would kind of make sense from that PoV.

Alternativly, what about them conquering a world, unaware that it had a native popul;ation living, (for some reason), underground, which then silently built up their forces and spread themselves across the empire before striking. No need for fancy phase space stuff if they're allready everywhere, (would make for a cool extra faction too, i have a fair few idea's vis a vis this here). You can't defend against an enemy thats spent decades/centuries/whatever studying your weaknesses and secreting themselves on all your worlds via trade ship to rise up in one huge burst, overwhelming you.

March 1, 2012 10:16:41 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

its gotta be something epic! like the volcan ship in startreck 2008 and vasari were the human ships... total chaos

March 1, 2012 10:21:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I've had a third idea. What if those nanites they so love decided to form a collective mind of their own. They ARE everywhere in Vassari space, so all it would need is one nanite run ship to drop in and transmit to the local batch, and bam, instant invisible atomisers.

March 2, 2012 4:55:34 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

March 12, 2012 6:48:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So has anyone found out what really happened?

March 12, 2012 7:06:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

not me... did anyONE FIND SOMETHING?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+