Stardock

WindowFX 5 darkening inactive windows

Option to not darken the console (useful for developers)

By on February 27, 2012 11:17:48 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

bytespiller

Join Date 02/2012

Hi!

I really like the option which darkens the inactive windows (i.e., everything except active window), but I would like an option to not darken the console windows. For example when I'm debugging something in C++ (or Python or whatever) and have main window of my running application and debug console next to it - I would very much like for accompanying console NOT to be shaded when GUI window of my application is focused.

What do you say? Is it possible to implement an option that would behave like that?

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 27, 2012 11:22:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Due to how the feature works it is not possible to exclude a window from this.

The only solution would be to set those windows to always on top as they would then be above the active window.

February 27, 2012 3:38:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You might also be interested in Tiles, which is good for only showing the windows and programs you want at any given time.  Here's what it looks like:

February 28, 2012 12:26:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks for the suggestion Rosco_P, I watched the video and seriously considered the Tiles but in the end concluded I wouldn't make much use of it under my work scenarios.

February 28, 2012 2:27:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting bytespiller,
Thanks for the suggestion Rosco_P, I watched the video and seriously considered the Tiles but in the end concluded I wouldn't make much use of it under my work scenarios.

Fair enough.  It has more of a "Virtual Desktops" feel to it than what you were originally describing, so I can see that.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000734   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+