Stardock
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Is the a tutorial on adding programs and other things to ObjectDocks

By on February 10, 2012 2:15:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

eaglepi

Join Date 02/2012

I would like to clean up my desktop and use OnjectDocks Plus 2 to store all my desktop shortcuts.

Is there a tutorial that shows what to fill in all the spaces in the add new item dialog box?

How do I know what to add to the areas I have put "?" in or arrows

32 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 10, 2012 2:26:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

To store all your desktop shortcuts you might try Fences:  http://www.stardock.com/products/fences/

As for Object Dock, that's generally used to access your most frequently used apps.

A tutorial can be found it here:  http://wiki.wincustomize.com/wiki/ObjectDock

February 10, 2012 2:41:25 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I thought I could put them on the tabs, that is why I bought plus.... how do I get a refund becasue if it can't do what I wanted I don't need it. I want to get the shortcuts off my desktop not correl them, I have them in groups now.

February 10, 2012 2:46:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Just drag your shortcuts onto the dock. Always worked for me.

February 10, 2012 2:51:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Doesn't work for me

February 10, 2012 2:52:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting eaglepi,
I thought I could put them on the tabs, that is why I bought plus.... how do I get a refund becasue if it can't do what I wanted I don't need it. I want to get the shortcuts off my desktop not correl them, I have them in groups now.

You can do that. Just that you could have hundreds of things on your desktop... Fences has a free program....

Just drag 'em on.

February 10, 2012 2:53:36 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Never mind it does work.....So after I drag the shortcut to the dock can I remove the desktop shortcut or does the Docks icon use the desktop shortcut?

February 10, 2012 2:55:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,

Quoting eaglepi,
reply 2

You can do that. Just that you could have hundreds of things on your desktop... Fences has a free program....

Just drag 'em on.

Fences doesn't do what I need. it just groups the shortcuts and I already have them grouped. I thought I could put them in the tabs and when I need to use one just click on the tab and they would expland??

February 10, 2012 3:01:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting eaglepi,
So after I drag the shortcut to the dock can I remove the desktop shortcut or does the Docks icon use the desktop shortcut?

yes you can

February 10, 2012 3:04:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

first right click on an empty area on the dock and click on Settings

in the Settings Dialog click on "Settings" (near Home) then click on "Advanced Tweaks" and check "When a shortcut is added to a dock, point to the target not the shortcut."

now you can drag & drop all the desktop shortcuts on your dock  and

I)  you can hide them all  (right click on the desktop > uncheck "Show desktop icons")
II) or you can even delete them (in this case you cannot have them back with the reverse action as on dragging & dropping the icons out of the dock they will disappeared with the puff effect) !
hope this helps !

February 10, 2012 3:10:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yes that helps a lot on the lower docks but when I add a pdf to the tabs it is a black square....Am I doing something wrong? I saw somewhere when I was researching ObjectDocks that someone had clicked on a folder and all the folders in that dock expanded out so he could chose which one to use.

I thought Object Docks would allow me to orangize everything on my desktop and make it less messy.  I think I have the lower Dock figured out but not the tabs on top????????????????????????    

February 10, 2012 3:10:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting eaglepi,
can I remove the desktop shortcut

Yes. What I do is put them all into a folder and save them somewhere. That makes it easier to put them back onto the desktop or onto another dock if needed without having to remake all the shortcuts.

February 10, 2012 3:16:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Check these 2 links -

http://wiki.wincustomize.com/wiki/ObjectDock

and

http://www.wincustomize.com/article/157425

Some good information that should help you.

February 10, 2012 3:30:16 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I didn't know what I was ordering, I was looking at the desktop suite and ObjectDocks and when I bought Object Docks I thought I was getting the Suite, I know dumb!!!  I emailed customer service and asked if I can buy the desktop suite and get credit for Docks.  Hope they say yes I bought this last night

Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it

February 10, 2012 3:39:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

ObjectDock is a stand-alone program and is not part of the ODNT suite.  All is not lost, however.  As a current customer, you will get a discount on future purchases, including ODNT, master skins, etc.

Welcome to WinCustomize.

Warning: Customizing your computer is highly addictive. Lucky for us, WC is a good place to come for "treatment."

February 10, 2012 3:45:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting eaglepi,
I didn't know what I was ordering, I was looking at the desktop suite and ObjectDocks and when I bought Object Docks I thought I was getting the Suite, I know dumb!!!  I emailed customer service and asked if I can buy the desktop suite and get credit for Docks.  Hope they say yes I bought this last night

Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it

Objectdock 2 doesn't come with Object Desktop. You have it now so if you like it keep it but still go for Object Desktop. You will enjoy it.

February 10, 2012 3:48:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,
ObjectDock is a stand-alone program and is not part of the ODNT suite.  All is not lost, however.  As a current customer, you will get a discount on future purchases, including ODNT, master skins, etc.
Sorry to burst bubbles, but ObjectDock is a stand-alone product and does not provide discounts on anything else.

February 10, 2012 3:48:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks.....   I should have paid more attention... You'd think if I bought ObjectDocks that would qualify me to the upgrade discount.

February 10, 2012 3:49:55 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,
What I do is put them all into a folder and save them somewhere. That makes it easier to put them back onto the desktop or onto another dock if needed without having to remake all the shortcuts.

Thanks Wiz and I thought I was smart. I use docks mostly and just hide the view of the desktop icons. however they have to load at startup along with the docks so extra time is needed. Put them in a folder now and in a safe place. Cool.

February 10, 2012 3:54:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting eaglepi,
I saw somewhere when I was researching ObjectDocks that someone had clicked on a folder and all the folders in that dock expanded out so he could chose which one to use
http://forums.wincustomize.com/163569 should help.

February 10, 2012 3:58:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,
ObjectDock is a stand-alone program and is not part of the ODNT suite. All is not lost, however. As a current customer, you will get a discount on future purchases, including ODNT, master skins, etc.

I have ODNT and Never got a discount on master skins. and have bought several..

February 10, 2012 4:03:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

WinCustimize subscribers get 20% off all master skins.  This is not the same as ODNT subscribers who get WC access.

February 10, 2012 4:17:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Zubaz,

Quoting Wizard1956,
reply 14
ObjectDock is a stand-alone program and is not part of the ODNT suite.  All is not lost, however.  As a current customer, you will get a discount on future purchases, including ODNT, master skins, etc.Sorry to burst bubbles, but ObjectDock is a stand-alone product and does not provide discounts on anything else.

I don't get it, had I spent $19.95 on any of the things in ODNT I could have got ODNT for $34.95.. it is the same company and I spent $19.95 on ObjectDocks so why can't I get the upgrade price of $34.95. It just doesn't make sense, I would have bought it right away but now I won't be buying it.

I understand the policy but if they give someone a discount if they buy a $19.95 program that is in ODNT why can someone who Spent $19.95 on ObjectDocks get  the same discount?

February 10, 2012 4:31:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks for correcting me, Zubaz, I don't want to give out bad info.

February 10, 2012 4:37:40 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Zubaz,

Quoting Wizard1956,
reply 14
ObjectDock is a stand-alone program and is not part of the ODNT suite.  All is not lost, however.  As a current customer, you will get a discount on future purchases, including ODNT, master skins, etc.Sorry to burst bubbles, but ObjectDock is a stand-alone product and does not provide discounts on anything else.

How do I get a discount for ODNT ???  I tried and it said it couldn't find my email address in the database.. I bought OD last night and registered and registered here so I don't understand why they don't have my email???

February 10, 2012 4:49:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting eaglepi,
How do I get a discount for ODNT ???  I tried and it said it couldn't find my email address in the database.. I bought OD last night and registered and registered here so I don't understand why they don't have my email???
ObjectDock is not part of Object Desktop and does not qualify for a discount.  the list of apps that qualify are on the upgrade page (http://www.stardock.com/products/odnt/odnt-upgrade.asp)

"If you have registered a standalone copy of WindowBlinds, DesktopX, DeskScapes, IconDeveloper, SkinStudio, WindowFX, Keyboard LaunchPad, or TweakVista, you can upgrade to Object Desktop for $34.95."

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000672   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+