Stardock

Announcement: Rebellion pre-order CAN BE activated at STEAM!!!!

By on February 10, 2012 8:18:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Vatticson

Join Date 11/2011
+3

Check this sh*t out http://www.facebook.com/sinsofasolarempire

Im so excited! =D i dont even have words. Yahoo!

21 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 11, 2012 1:59:39 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Awesome sauce! Pure awesome sauce!

February 11, 2012 10:35:45 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This is great news!  No reason to install Gamestopper any longer for a single game! woo hoo!

February 11, 2012 12:44:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting duijver,
No reason to install Gamestopper any longer for a single game!

Don't need to now with Stardock Central coming online.

February 12, 2012 8:49:34 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Im impressed because there are so few replys in this thread i think its a big thing!!!

February 12, 2012 9:37:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Vatticson,
Im impressed because there are so few replys in this thread i think its a big thing!!!

Most of us here have already pr-ordered or won't use Steam.

February 13, 2012 5:41:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Awesome news Stardock. I pre-purchased the game after reading this topic. Thanks.

February 13, 2012 5:56:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Vatticson,

Most people probably care more about the game than what store they get it from

February 15, 2012 8:04:37 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting kryo,

February 15, 2012 9:14:23 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting kryo,

Quoting Vatticson, reply 4Im impressed because there are so few replys in this thread i think its a big thing!!!

Absolutely.

Questions though...can you play a Steam game offline or do you have to be connected to start?

I pre-ordered awhile back on Impulse and then it became GameStop.

Am I getting a GameStop or Impulse (Stardock Store) tied-in game?

February 15, 2012 11:36:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

All Rebellion pre-orders remained with Stardock, so they are tied to our store and not Impulse/GameStop.  

I believe you can play most Steam games in Offline mode, though you obviously then lose the Steam features that need to be online to function.

February 15, 2012 12:11:08 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Maybe Rebellion will use Steamworks (very few non-Steamworks games can be activated on Steam).

February 15, 2012 12:21:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Rebell44,
Maybe Rebellion will use Steamworks (very few non-Steamworks games can be activated on Steam).

It will most likely not, since it is also available at other retailers and a boxed version will become available aswell.

February 15, 2012 12:43:40 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting kryo,

Quoting Vatticson, reply 4Im impressed because there are so few replys in this thread i think its a big thing!!!

False. Most people have less than decent internet connections, therefore most people will avoid steam like... well like steam... if they have an alternative passage to the one drenched in flesh burning steam that is.

February 15, 2012 1:28:35 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Teun-A-Roonius,
Quoting Rebell44, reply 11Maybe Rebellion will use Steamworks (very few non-Steamworks games can be activated on Steam).

It will most likely not, since it is also available at other retailers and a boxed version will become available aswell.

Steamworks games are normally available from other retailers and have boxed editions - just like MW3, DNF, E:TW, DE:HR and many many other.

February 15, 2012 2:08:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah, and I hope they don't use Steamworks. Sure, make the game available on Steam, but don't force everybody to use it with Steamworks. 

I have great connection, but I avoid Steam whenever I can.

February 15, 2012 2:47:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Lord-Vale3,
Yeah, and I hope they don't use Steamworks. Sure, make the game available on Steam, but don't force everybody to use it with Steamworks. 

I have great connection, but I avoid Steam whenever I can.

He can set it like Crusader Kings 2 (which was released yesterday) - that game use Steamworks, but developers chose not to use any DRM, so you dont even need to run Steam, except installation and when you want to patch game.

Brad said that they will use 3rd party solution for multiplayer - and except Steamworks, other options are GFWL (hated by almost everyone) and Impulse Reactor (still not released, so they cant use it currently).

February 16, 2012 11:17:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I would hate to have to run Steam in order to play Sins.  Sins itself stresses my computer enough.

February 16, 2012 1:24:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting DirtySanchezz,
I would hate to have to run Steam in order to play Sins.  Sins itself stresses my computer enough.

As I said above - CK2 is Steamworks game and you dont have to have Steam running to play game (this might not be true if game use Steam for multiplayer).

February 16, 2012 1:29:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Steam integration for multiplayer would be a bad thing since there are lots of people that don't like that platform.

February 16, 2012 9:51:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Teun-A-Roonius,
Steam integration for multiplayer would be a bad thing since there are lots of people that don't like that platform.

Brad said that he will use 3rd party solution - what 3rd party MP solution would you propose? GFWL?

February 17, 2012 10:34:45 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Rebell44,
Brad said that he will use 3rd party solution - what 3rd party MP solution would you propose? GFWL?
There will be a third party solution, but besides that you can also just download the game through the Stardock Store, so a third party platform is not at all required to be able to play this game...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000563   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+