Stardock

A resize feature

By on February 8, 2012 3:17:14 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Elo_Borja

Join Date 02/2012
Wow fences is a great application! But i have some suggestions on the further development of fences.

I think fences will even be nicer if there is a little button where i can click to make it grow and display all the other icons that are hidden. Using fences the desktop looks neat and is very organized but considering there are already plenty of fences the user needs to resize each one of them. Although fences have a scroll bar to view other hidden icons a user ( like me ) may even like it to just resize the fence to view immediately all of the icons thus easier for the eyes to locate the icon which i need to click.

Most users pick desktop wallpapers that suits them well and may not like plenty of fences covering out his / her favorite wallpaper. I saw plenty of videos on you-tube where someone is making a demo of their own fences showing how powerful fences is, however, most of them set-up plenty of fences on their desktop and fences appeared as if it were just a rectangle drawing on their desktop wallpaper. My point now is, it is nicer to have fences ( but not so many so it won't cover out my favorite wallpaper ) on the desktop that can hide plenty of icons and that have a grow button to show up the hidden icons just like how a menu.

I hope this will contribute to the further development of fences.  
4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 8, 2012 4:04:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

to make it grow and display all the other icons that are hidden

Simply move your mouse to an edge...click and drag to resize...

February 9, 2012 11:18:51 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

An interesting idea, though it may be tricky to implement...  Worth passing along.

February 9, 2012 4:46:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You can set the fences to be fully transparnt except on mousover

Video!!  http://screencast.com/t/AAlgj4Awai

May 13, 2012 1:56:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have a slight variation on the suggestion.  Instead of having a button that one would need to click, why not have the fence expand to show all the items when you mouseover?  This would allow one to have smaller fenced areas, but still instantly be able to see all the icons in a fenced area and click on the one you want.  This would make Fences an A+++ application as far as I am concerned.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+