Stardock
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Fallen Enchantress - Beta FAQ

By on January 17, 2012 5:47:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+616

Fallen Enchantress: Beta FAQ

Welcome to the Fallen Enchantress beta!  This FAQ should answer most of the common questions you might have for the FE beta.  Again, thank you for your help in testing FE and we'll be around to answer any other questions that might come up.

Q: Who gets the Fallen Enchantress Beta?

A: Everyone who purchased War of Magic in 2010 will receive free access to the beta.  These invitations will be staggered, watch your email to see when your invite arrives.

Q:  I’m in, where do I download it from?

A:  FE will be a direct download from your Stardock account page - https://store.stardock.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/myaccount/products.  Login with your account and you will find the Fallen Enchantress beta available under the “Games” section.

Q: How do I know if I receive access?

A:  We will be sending out e-mails, you can also check the Elemental purchase page (while logged in) to see your upgrade/beta status or simply check your downloads page

Q:  I found a bug or issue with the game, what do I do now?

A: If you have feedback please post in the FE Beta forum (http://forums.elementalgame.com/forum/1010).  If you encounter any bugs or issues please post those in the support forum

To make it easier for us, please tag your post title with [BUG], [CRASH], etc.  Also, when reporting any issue, please let us know what version of the game you encountered the error on.

Thank you for your help in making Fallen Enchantress great.  

Q: Is there an NDA for the Fallen Enchantress Beta?

A:  There is no NDA for the beta. 

Q: Do I need to activate Fallen Enchantress?

A: The Fallen Enchantress beta requires the player to be authenticated to receive the latest updates.  You will receive a serial number with your beta invite that you will need to register your game.

Q: When will the final game be released?

A: The specific date has not been finalized yet, when it’s set then we’ll let you know!

Q:  I love Elemental!  Where can I talk about it or find out news about it?

A:  Pretty much anywhere.  We have pages on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and of course our own FE forum for people to discuss it.

115 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 23, 2012 4:07:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There's been a delay.  They didn't say how long.

http://forums.elementalgame.com/418092/get;3089131

February 23, 2012 4:09:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kantok,
They replied in another thread that it is still on target for today, but they are currently tweaking a few things.

Ok, thanks! Hope I get to try it today (I live in Sweden so it's about 10 PM here now)

February 23, 2012 4:12:25 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Kantok, thanks.

February 27, 2012 10:29:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If I buy the pre-order today will I have a chance to check the beta out?

March 6, 2012 9:18:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Birdmon,
If I buy the pre-order today will I have a chance to check the beta out?

No, Yes?  I see, well I think I'll wait then...Like I did on the other game, we all know how good that one turned out.

March 6, 2012 9:29:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Right now, if you pre-order you get the beta.

April 7, 2012 8:40:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

EWoM was one of my most loved&hated games ever. >'."< I'm very glad to see FE is going strong with strong Beta testing. Woot!!. I've played 100+ hours allready since DL it. Looking forward to more stable games (crosses fingers & grins)

Good to see most of you once again. Even the 's; maybe. LOL

Keep up the good work all you old & new DEVS.

Well, time to go find and read the saved game bug submission guidlines. Have fun everyone.

April 26, 2012 1:58:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I actually cant wait for this it looks really good

May 1, 2012 1:50:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Decided to bite the bullet and pre-order, I am really hoping that Stardock have got it right this time. In fact I am gambling my money on it.  If they don't deliver the goods this time, the name Stardock is really going to be mud.  

May 1, 2012 9:24:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Although based on how they are going, and that there are months left before release, I don't think that will happen.

July 17, 2012 10:00:22 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I was planning on doing some videos on YouTube of Fallen Enchantress and since there is not an NDA, I assume this is allowed for the beta.  I was wondering what your policy on monetizing game footage was.  Without being a huge gaming network or partnered with one, can a small game channel monetize gameplay audio and video?

August 23, 2012 8:09:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey,

The game's been credited to my account already (I bought the original Elemental: War of Magic back when it was new) but I haven't got a key for the Fallen Enchantress beta.  I had bought Elemental: War of Magic under a different email but that email account was since shut down as it was becoming a spam magnet (not to mention Facebook sucks, that's all I'm saying).

Any chance of getting a key?  Thanks  

EDIT: Nah, guess something must have screwed up - whatever the serial number was, it's lost forever.  Ah well, US$40 isn't much when my purchasing power is in Australian dollars - it's like USD$20 or less for us here (then again I am a citizen of Australia here and living here isn't cheap so...)

August 27, 2012 7:48:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I had .91 installed on an older machine, now trying to install .95 on a new  one.

I can download the file from my account, and I see a serial number, but the installer says the serial number isn't valid. Any suggestions, other than wait till release?

May 6, 2013 5:13:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hello i have bought Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes on Steam. On your Webside you write that it is Including the old Fallen Enchantress

but i have no Access to this game. No Serial, no way to Select the old Game in the New Game. How can i play the old game ?

May 6, 2013 5:47:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Rogi70,

Hello i have bought Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes on Steam. On your Webside you write that it is Including the old Fallen Enchantress

but i have no Access to this game. No Serial, no way to Select the old Game in the New Game. How can i play the old game ?

Legendary Heroes is a stand-alone, so when you buy it without havign FE, you get what was in FE plus what's in LH. They're integrated.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001141   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+